Blue Note

Peter

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of problems at EMI, that's no secret. (There was another article about their troubles in the Wall Street Journal recently.) Blue Note reissues might not even be on their radar screen. But I do see some Willie Nelson sings standards thing out on the label, with Norah Jones involved; maybe that says it all?

@danasgoodstuff: I would say so too, but I don't think that this might be a reason for continuing the series, sadly... :(

Are there any more evidences from other labels than blue note that the reissue policies have the same tendencies? That would be a very sad development...

by the way: haven't there been some members (I think I've read that once...) who are in touch with Michael Cuscuna or Bruce Lundvall? perhaps they know a little bit more about the situation?

Edited by bn3141

Lots of problems at EMI, that's no secret. (There was another article about their troubles in the Wall Street Journal recently.) Blue Note reissues might not even be on their radar screen. But I do see some Willie Nelson sings standards thing out on the label, with Norah Jones involved; maybe that says it all?

There's also a new Norah Jones record from Blue Note announced for November.

@danasgoodstuff: I would say so too, but I don't think that this might be a reason for continuing the series, sadly... :(

Are there any more evidences from other labels than blue note that the reissue policies have the same tendencies? That would be a very sad development...

the reissue program from concord does have the same tendencies allthough it's not yet quite there (no keepnews collections, just three rvgs, one by coltrane, one by miles one by rollins (or the like...))

What th...

Jazz Messengers (Lp W/Tshirt) [iMPORT]

Product Description

Limited edition vinyl LP pressing includes bonus large T-shirt. This year marks the 70th anniversary of Blue Note Records which is home to the finest Jazz and is synonymous with the cool hard-bop sound of '60s New York. Blue Note is proud to offer this unique Official Collectors T-Shirt and Vinyl in a stunning presentation box which features the iconic artwork of designer Reid Miles. The vinyl has not been available for many years and is a hard-bop classic, as Art Blakey's thundering drums and a young firebrand trumpeter Lee Morgan redefine the sound of soul-jazz. This beautifully performed and recorded session made the Jazz Messengers a jazz institution. Blue Note. 2009.

This from Amazon linky Doesn't sound so importy in the description.

Have the Horace Silver "Silver 'N'..." albums from the early 70s ever been released on CD?
Those are my favorite Horace albums. Especially Silver 'N' Strings. Killing Tom Harrell, great band, great writing. Voices is nice too, except for Horace's embarrassing attempts at writing lyrics. He almost ruined some great tunes. Anyway, I don't think they ever came out on CD. I wish they would.

Funny, the entire Xanadu catalog, far less popular though often wonderful musically, is available. Go figure....

Dusty Groove lists Grant Green's "Visions" for mid-September, but, of course, that could be coming from any number of sources. (And the Verve site, the label that brought you Ella and Billie, is bringing us Katharine McPhee!) (god bless the child!!)

Amazon lists about forty upcoming Japanese Blute Note reissues for less than 20 dollars each, including Visions:

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1251147146/ref...3A34&page=5

Hey, some nice titles in there!

But what is "Label: Indies Japan/Zoom"??? Is this a new distibutor for Toshiba/EMI?

Cheers,

Shane

Edited by Indestructible!

Amazon lists about forty upcoming Japanese Blute Note reissues for less than 20 dollars each, including Visions:

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1251147146/ref...3A34&page=5

Hey, some nice titles in there!

But what is "Label: Indies Japan/Zoom"??? Is this a new distibutor for Toshiba/EMI?

Cheers,

Shane

Another overview here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/indies-japan-zoom/...m%2Ci%3Apopular

Oh yes, they URGENTLY have to reissue "Golden 8" on CD before they get eaten up by the short bald speculating guys!!!

On the other hand, how can the well be dry when they have a new Willie Nelson album with Norah Jones AND Diana Krall??? :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

TERRIFIC album. Just scored a vinyl copy about a month ago after YEARS of looking. I wonder if the master tapes exist, or whether it will be a needle drop?

Maybe Gigi Campi has a master - as Rearward/Schema looked as if they would be issuing it earlier in the year (and seem to have retracted for some reason).

TERRIFIC album. Just scored a vinyl copy about a month ago after YEARS of looking. I wonder if the master tapes exist, or whether it will be a needle drop?

Oooooooo :excited:

51yD9s86OkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I have a nineties TOCJ cd version that does not sound like a needle drop. Which doesn't mean it isn't. Just doesn't sound that way to me.

Cool, Lon--I had no idea it ever came out on CD.

Oooooooo :excited:

51yD9s86OkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I have a nineties TOCJ cd version that does not sound like a needle drop. Which doesn't mean it isn't. Just doesn't sound that way to me.