Box Set sale at Amazon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the Wes Montgomery at a reasonable price in a sale from Concord a while back. Seems that it was available from them until recently, which would explain why it hasn't been "blown out" by wholesalers. Maybe if there were sets left that Concord purged from the warehouse we'll see some show up very cheap soon.

I think the Bill Evans Riverside went out of print and was never cut out and sent off to distributors. It's been gone for some time, and is a collectible rarity these days. I'd love to have one but I have all the music on separate cds and won't pay huge prices for a set.

Edited by jazzbo

Me too, thanks for the tip Matthew. If the mastering is good for Power To The People and Japan I'll lower my cost to an even more ridiculously low amount. I never pulled the trigger because of "the back end" of this set. Still shaking my head over how cheap this box is - with shipping about the same as some OJCs when not on sale in local shops (back when seeing one was a common occurrence.)

I'm glad early on I leaned towards buying Mosaic boxes and not this and the Art Pepper Vanguard (which I got last year at a silly low price.) Though the cost has been fewer years of enjoyment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, check out this Amazon box set "sale":

Stan Getz - Complete Roost Recordings

Only $11,776.48 + $2.98 shipping :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

That is just fucking insane, it has to be some kind of typo.

I feel like such an idiot for selling mine for $9284.14 w/ free shipping. :angry:

I got mine about two weeks ago (no kidding) for around 10 Euro, used. Had to buy new jewel cases because they were broken. CDs as new.

You rrrreeeeaaaaly went over the top with those 14 cents there! You could have rounded it up to $9500 ... for those extra few crates of beer that we all need to have around the house.

;)