Complete Grammy nominations list

GA Russell

It's too band James Moody didn't win a grammy in the Best Jazz Instrumental Solo category.

I agree, but at least Terence Blanchard was humble and had some kind words to say about Moody after he ran down to accept his award.

Also, I was amused to see Best New Age Album - Peace Time, Jack DeJohnette. The lady presenting the award must have thought he was some kind of French mustard though "Jack...Dijon-nay." I watched the "GRAMMY Awards Pre-Telecast" on grammy.com where you can see all this and a performance by Hilary Hahn.

Edited by funkogre

Michael, let me add my congratulations to you for winning a Grammy. Regrettably, the NY Times online article fails to mention this achievement, choosing instead to focus on pregnant rappers, famous no-shows, and other drivel. All in all, it's a good time to be an old codger who doesn't really give a shit about awards.

Thanks everybody for the congrats. I think this is the first Grammy for the band since 1975 (Live in Munich). I don't expect to receive a statue, but who knows.

On another topic, I also felt terrible for Stevie Wonder playing the end of the show while they rolled credits over him. As tacky as that is for the Grammy brass, it's also Stevie's choice to accept or not. I guess it was worth it to him. Hopefully it's a little reality check against all that sad shit they had on there.

On another topic, I also felt terrible for Stevie Wonder playing the end of the show while they rolled credits over him. As tacky as that is for the Grammy brass, it's also Stevie's choice to accept or not. I guess it was worth it to him. Hopefully it's a little reality check against all that sad shit they had on there.

I was wondering about that too. Shots of people leaving empty seats...maybe they were guessing that nobody has the nerve to tell him what he couldn't see.

Edited by 7/4

Michael, let me add my congratulations to you for winning a Grammy. Regrettably, the NY Times online article fails to mention this achievement, choosing instead to focus on pregnant rappers, famous no-shows, and other drivel. All in all, it's a good time to be an old codger who doesn't really give a shit about awards.

I don't understand why talk of a pregnant rapper is drivel. If anything, I think MIA wasn't featured enough--she's brilliant.

I was definitely yelling at the TV "Get away from Stevie" when the Jonas Brothers assaulted him on stage. That was shameful.

read the article. it notes that she's pregnant. fine. it also tells you what her due date is. yeah, okay. it even gives a description of what she was wearing. enough already. regardless of how talented MIA might be (catchy name, btw), i think an article in the Music section of the NY Times that devotes that much space to such unimportant details and fails to mention a single jazz artist that won an award this year deserves to be criticized. I know the Grammys have little regard for jazz, but the Times too? :angry: