Surprising "Out To Lunch" LP News

RDK

Then again, I could probably use an ear upgrade...

Well, there you have it. Unless someone comes up with a way to include my twenty year old ears (and a way to attach them to my fifty year old body), I just don't see the point. I was listening to an old favorite of youth (Joe Jackson's Look Sharp) and was disappointed to discover that it just didn't sound like it used to sound. The highs were missing, and it just seemed a bit lifeless. Then I realized why...

Then again, I could probably use an ear upgrade...

Well, there you have it. Unless someone comes up with a way to include my twenty year old ears (and a way to attach them to my fifty year old body), I just don't see the point. I was listening to an old favorite of youth (Joe Jackson's Look Sharp) and was disappointed to discover that it just didn't sound like it used to sound. The highs were missing, and it just seemed a bit lifeless. Then I realized why...

Have you tried Mapleshade's High-End Audiophile Ear Wax Removal Kit?

• 4 months later...

My son just downloaded about 2000 LP's to his new iPod.

CD's, SACD's are just as irrelivent as vinyl these days, maybe more so.

Fantasy(or whoever they are now) is happy to lease its master tapes to THE TAPE PROJECT....we are talking

reel to reel at $200 a pop. Rollins: SAX COLLOSUS master tape is on Bainbridge Island, WA as I type.

I say more power to them.

Fantasy(or whoever they are now) is happy to lease its master tapes to THE TAPE PROJECT....we are talking

reel to reel at $200 a pop. Rollins: SAX COLLOSUS master tape is on Bainbridge Island, WA as I type.

Can you explain more about what this is?

I was just thinking about "The Tape Project" the other day. Is that thing still going? Anyone actually buying that stuff?

I look at this project from a music format perspective/preference.

Formats have changed over the years. Why?

Sony/Phillips brought us CD. Why?

The Tape Project is a classic mom and pop operation.

I've known of Dan and Bottlehead.com for years.

I have his speakers and his kits have a large following.

It's just another format. And, it just so happens it may

be the best sounding format.

Listening to music at home should be a very, very pleasurable experience.

He is bringing us another freedom of choice.

Thank god these guys are thinking out of the

box. I include the guys doing the Blue Note 45rpm LP's.

It's just a format.

Why are these alternative formats expensive?

Figure it out. These are groups of 1 to 5 people creating/keeping alive

formats that have been around for 75 years.

This should come out as a regular CD. Who's going to buy mega priced tapes and 45 rpm LPs?

As was said above, today's market for jazz is not doing all that well though, so we might not see it in the near future.

That's one reason why I'm into house music these days. I really enjoy it, and it's real popular with a large number of teens and 20s. Where I live, hardly anyone goes out to hear jazz - mainly a small number of grumpy old farts. I just got tired of all the struggle to keep it going.

Can you explain more about what this is?

Boy this brings me back full circle, especially since I haven't been posting here much recently. Here's my first topic ever on the forum about it.

They're still doing it is the short answer. It's an even smaller organization now.

This should come out as a regular CD. Who's going to buy mega priced tapes and 45 rpm LPs?

As was said above, today's market for jazz is not doing all that well though, so we might not see it in the near future.

That's one reason why I'm into house music these days. I really enjoy it, and it's real popular with a large number of teens and 20s. Where I live, hardly anyone goes out to hear jazz - mainly a small number of grumpy old farts. I just got tired of all the struggle to keep it going.

It is out on a "regular CD." Don't think it sounds as good as it possibly could? Blame Blue Note.