New Yorker 1925-2005 (every page on DVDs)

New Yorker is apparently discontinuing its DVD collection of complete scans. I bought this a couple of years back when the price was $99 (I found it for $79). This is a great set and nothing has been left out, it's all here, every page, ads and all. Don't pass this one up!

http://www.thenewyorkerstore.com/product_d...=TNYS-Customers

I can understand why they won't continue. This was a great magazine until Tina Brown all but destroyed it. The 1925-2005 issues are all you need to get a wonderful flavor of the "upper crust" NY scee as it once was, and the Whitney Balliett pieces alone are worth the $19. Hell, the ads are worth it.

• 7 months later...

Not sure what the price was back in Feb., but with some careful navigation you can now get the 1925-2005 version for $20 or 1925-2008 for $40. I opted for the first case. Still sort of pondering whether the (last) update DVD is worth it for 2005-2008, but at $20 the answer is probably no.

Now a book just of the Seymour Hersh investigations beyond 2005, that would be worth it. Looks like his Chain of Command was published in 2004, so it stops short (not that I shouldn't get it anyway -- if my blood pressure can tolerate it, that is).

BTW, there is a coupon for 15% off anything at the site (probably good for about a month): CATV515

and here is one for 20% (through Friday Oct. 2) but it may only activate if you have bought previously: CLEANUP20

Shipping is still a bit steep as noted.

Edited by ejp626