FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

End date 3/21/09

Press Contact: Beth Fleenor*

The Frank Agency

beth@thefrankagency.org

*CDs, photos, and more information available upon request

REPTET

WEST COAST TOUR – MARCH 2009

“Reptet make new music by merrily hopping around the history of jazz. A stereotypical, finger-snapping walking bass lick can smartly mingle with a dissonant free-jazz freak-out, a moody, minor-key TV-cop-show melody, or an Anthony Braxton–inspired lamination of simultaneous layers. Best of all, Reptet make jazz fun.” ~The Stranger~

“(Reptet) create a Frank Zappa meets Dirty Dozen Brass Band atmosphere of wacky fun and highly skilled musicianship.” ~All About Jazz~

March 12 Portland, OR Mississippi Pizza

March 13 Mt. Shasta, CA The Stage Door

March 14 Lake Tahoe, CA The Divided Sky

March 15 Reno, NV The Zephyr Lounge

March 16 Santa Cruz, CA Don Quixote’s

March 17 Davis, CA Delta of Venus

March 18 San Francisco, CA Amnesia Bar

March 19 Eugene, OR Cozmic Pizza

March 20 Seattle, WA The Triple Door Musiquarium

For more information please visit www.reptet.com or www.monktail.com.

The Band

“This Seattle sextet does it all: it grooves, it rocks, it squawks - occasionally, it even talks. Mostly, it sounds like a New Orleans jazz band on crystal meth.”

~Jazziz Magazine~

Reptet (Monktail Records) will be touring the west coast in March to promote their new, critically acclaimed record, Chicken or Beef? Their four-state, nine-city tour includes return visits to San Francisco, Reno, Santa Cruz, Portland and Seattle, with debut performances in Mt. Shasta and Lake Tahoe.

Winners of two 2007 Earshot Golden Ear Awards, this genre bending Seattle based band begins their tour on Thursday, March 12th in Portland, Oregon. They are six multi-instrumentalists who have an expansive approach to music, performing original compositions that incorporate jazz, rock, ska, punk, modern classical, avant garde, eastern European folk influences and more. Their internationally acclaimed 2006 release, "Do This!" (Monktail Records) won many accolades and was chosen Jazz CD of the year by Jazziz Magazine's Alex Gelfand. Their new disc, “Chicken or Beef?” (Monktail Records) released in June of 2008 was chosen finalist for Jazz Record of the Year by the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards. They have toured nationally and will be launching their first Canadian and European tours in the spring and summer of 2009.

Just marked my calendar for the Amnesia show, even though that bar is often filled with smelly hipsters.

Bring the air freshener if you feel the need, but do go and see them. Great writing and playing and a lot of fun!!!How often can you laugh and dig some smokin' tunes at the same time? I saw them last year and loved it, and I'm hoping I can see them this year when they make their East Coast swing.

Thanks all. If anyone can help with suggestions on clubs in Philly, Brooklyn or Beantown please drop me a PM - Not a BM, but a PM. Although, if you gotta go, you gotta go.

We've played at the Tritone the last two times we've been in Philly (and we could play there again, they love us there) but I was hoping to play someplace else this time around. We're looking to be in the area the first week of May (got a bunch of school gigs on the east coast the last week of april).

We got a lot of new material but do not plan on recording again until summer, so these shows will be a preview of our next record. Should be good. :)

Edited by Johnny E

• 2 weeks later...

How about the Philadelphia Museum of Art for their "art after 5" series? organissimo did this, to what I recall was an enthusiastic reception. Tritone is, as you know, great...

Well, the Art After 5 does Latin on the first Friday of the month (which is when we'd be in the Philly area). Alan from Chris Jazz Cafe might be interested and I'm supposed to call him on Monday. Do you think Chris would be a betrer place to play than Tritone? We've already played the Tritone twice. I'm thinking we should try a different place.

Maybe try both? I have to admit (ashamed) I've never been to Chris', so I don't know what the crowds are like.

I'll reach out to a contact at the art museum. What time frame are you thinking about?

How about the Philadelphia Museum of Art for their "art after 5" series? organissimo did this, to what I recall was an enthusiastic reception. Tritone is, as you know, great...

Well, the Art After 5 does Latin on the first Friday of the month (which is when we'd be in the Philly area). Alan from Chris Jazz Cafe might be interested and I'm supposed to call him on Monday. Do you think Chris would be a betrer place to play than Tritone? We've already played the Tritone twice. I'm thinking we should try a different place.

Maybe try both? I have to admit (ashamed) I've never been to Chris', so I don't know what the crowds are like.

I'll reach out to a contact at the art museum. What time frame are you thinking about?

Well, the only friday we'll be in the philly area is May 1st. Once I learned that the Art Museum only does latin music on the first Friday of the month I moved on. We are now booked to play at BARD college in NY on May 1st, so I don't think the museum will work out this time...unless they have music on other days besides the 'After 5' series. I did hear from the booker at Johnny Brenda's and we might be able to get a gig there on May 2nd. Is that place good?

• 2 weeks later...

A little more than half way through. Attendance not so great on many shows...although Tahoe and Portland were good.

Anyone who live in the Bay area and has wednesday night free should come down to The Amnesia Bar. We play at 10pm with a open jam to follow.

Also, check us out today (St. Patty's Day) in Davis (Delta of Venus), Eugene at Cozmic Pizza on Thursday and Seattle at the Triple Door on Friday.

Happy Spring ya'll!

-john

A little more than half way through. Attendance not so great on many shows...although Tahoe and Portland were good.

Anyone who lives in the Bay area and has wednesday night free should come down to The Amnesia Bar in SF. We play at 10pm with a open jam to follow.

Also, check us out today (St. Patty's Day) in Davis at the Delta of Venus, Eugene at Cozmic Pizza on Thursday and Seattle at the Triple Door on Friday.

Happy Spring ya'll!

-john

Edited by Johnny E