Phil Spector Verdict Today 4/13/09 4:30 pm EST

Teasing the Korean

Here's my question: Is it all right to continue to admire his genius, even though he's a convicted killer? I love the "Back to Mono" box. It's one of my musical treasures. I don't want to have to stop listening to it just because the guy's a nut job!

I think I'm going to go sulk and listen to "Death of a Ladies Man" now...

Here's my question: Is it all right to continue to admire his genius, even though he's a convicted killer?

Since I prefer to use the term "genius" in terms of the work & not the person far more often than not, I would certainly hope so, because I'm right there with ya' on that..

Here's my question: Is it all right to continue to admire his genius, even though he's a convicted killer? I love the "Back to Mono" box. It's one of my musical treasures. I don't want to have to stop listening to it just because the guy's a nut job!

I think I'm going to go sulk and listen to "Death of a Ladies Man" now...

I know it has a bad reputation, but I just love "Death of a Ladies Man" more and more each time I listen to it. I listened last night, and it was wonderful! The problem is that the CD sound is CRAP. This REALLY needs a decent reissue...

How would history have changed if Shadow Morton had gotten to the Ronettes before Spector did?

Who knows? Who cares? Oh well.

But could you imagine a "Shangri-la's vs Ronettes" Reverbed Snare Death Match? I can! And the oser is...PHIL SPECTOR!

But then we'd never have had "I Wish I Never Saw The Sunshine".

• 1 month later...

Hope Phil finds a barber before the slammer. Some folks will grab that crop and call him Ben Dover. :huh:

Yeah, he'll have more to worry about than mono.

Please don't put Frank Rosolino in the same category.

If you do you don't know what you are talking about.

Why not? He shot two other human beings, killing one and seriously disabling the other.

Well, if you want things extremely simple, I guess it's the same thing. Personally, I wouldn't put someone who killed because of bad wiring in the same category as someone who killed a woman because she wouldn't put out...

for those of you in LA in the know: so um why was phil so mental anyway? was it due to a bad lsd trip like what happened to peter green, or was he naturally crazy, or was there some incident, of some sort- for those of you with detailied knowldge of the 60s LA pop scene

Edited by chewy