THE Freddie Roach?

JSngry

BOB REID the emergency sound

Orignale Music from a Modern Day Black Opera.

Kwela Records, 30 k 010. Recorded 25th May 1974.

AFRICA IS CALLING ME

"This original music was recorded live at the first presentation of a modern day black opera: Africa is calling me, performed at the Centre Americans for Students and Artists in Paris France, 25th May 1974. The reception and response inspired the producers, Kwela Inc, to take the spontaneous of the music from the five scenes and make an album"

Bob Reid; leader, bass, voice, rhythm, piano

Oliver Lake; soprano, alto saxophones

Gustavo Kerestezachi; piano

Louis Armfield; congas, rhythm, bells

Makan Milola; deep bass, congas

King David; Vocals

Roxianne de Montaignac; Vocal

Freddy Roach; recitation

BOB REID the emergency sound

Orignale Music from a Modern Day Black Opera.

Kwela Records, 30 k 010. Recorded 25th May 1974.

AFRICA IS CALLING ME

"This original music was recorded live at the first presentation of a modern day black opera: Africa is calling me, performed at the Centre Americans for Students and Artists in Paris France, 25th May 1974. The reception and response inspired the producers, Kwela Inc, to take the spontaneous of the music from the five scenes and make an album"

Bob Reid; leader, bass, voice, rhythm, piano

Oliver Lake; soprano, alto saxophones

Gustavo Kerestezachi; piano

Louis Armfield; congas, rhythm, bells

Makan Milola; deep bass, congas

King David; Vocals

Roxianne de Montaignac; Vocal

Freddy Roach; recitation

I wouldn't doubt it. He was VERY involved in the theatre. Was a playwrite and put on productions in Neward from my understanding. Also wrote poems. Always wrote the liner notes on his LPs which were very beautiful. Also did some recitation on some of his albums. I'd love to hear this.

I have that record and it doesn't look like him on the back cover... at least compared to the BNs I have.

It's not a bad LP, though.

Bob Reid wasn't a BAG cat, either. He was from Alabama and lived in Paris from the late '60s. Played bass with Archie Shepp, Sunny Murray, Byard Lancaster et al.

Thanks Clifford. Yeah, even though he's the leader, I wasn't referring to Bob Reid. I should have specified. Oliver Lake's name was the one that caught my eye for the BAG association.