BFT 65

Guest Bill Barton

Guest Bill Barton

Well, the end of the month is fast approaching, so I figured that it would be good to get this one rolling.

My first BFT...

By way of introduction, this one-disc BFT may stretch your ears a bit and could possibly move many folks outside their comfort zones.

There's a fair amount of thematic programming involved. To my ears, it's not as avant as I originally intimated that it might be, but that's to my ears, which are more often than not enmeshed in the left wing of things.

Some general hints on the thematic stuff to get your mind working:

1. There's at least one track by a musician better known as a player of a different instrument than the one (s)he plays on the featured track.

2. There are two tracks written by the same composer but in interpretations that may or may not be texturally unfamiliar.

3. There are two tracks that segue with musicians playing in a style or genre or form that they rarely are featured in.

The rar file is ready to be uploaded but I have not done so yet to insure that it remains online long enough. I'm planning on uploading it as both a regular zipped file and a self-extracting zipped file within a few days. If you prefer the latter be aware that it will show up as an exe file when you d/l it and that it will indeed extract itself - no muss, no fuss.

Have fun...

Guest Bill Barton

Okay, so far we have:

(for downloads)

thedwork

Thom Keith

mikeweil

papsrus

relyles

JSngry

jeffcrom

Bright Moments

Nate Dorward

(for CD-R)

NIS

Edited by Bill Barton

Thanks for the link, download completed - I happen to have a rapidshare account at this time. Strange thing was that it downloaded as a .html file - I renamed it to be a .rar file, and it unzipped without a problem and plays fine. Can't hear much as the neighbour works with a chainsaw ... <_<

Geez, I still have to post some guesses for the previous one ...

Edited by mikeweil

Guest Bill Barton

Thanks for the link, download completed - I happen to have a rapidshare account at this time. Strange thing was that it downloaded as a .html file - I renamed it to be a .rar file, and it unzipped without a problem and plays fine...

That is strange. When I test d/l it the file came through as a .rar - go figure...

Okay, so far we have:

(for downloads)

thedwork

Thom Keith

mikeweil

papsrus

relyles

JSngry

jeffcrom

Bright Moments

Nate Dorward

(for CD-R)

NIS

hey bill. hope this isn't a drag but i'd prefer a 'hard' copy CD-R. i can private message you my address or however you guys do it. Dan has my address from the last BFT as well. looking forward to some more fun listening and all...

Guest Bill Barton

...hey bill. hope this isn't a drag but i'd prefer a 'hard' copy CD-R. i can private message you my address or however you guys do it. Dan has my address from the last BFT as well. looking forward to some more fun listening and all...

No problem. You can PM Big Al (he's the CD-R maven).

Here's the updated list:

(downloads)

Thom Keith

mikeweil

papsrus

relyles

JSngry

jeffcrom

Bright Moments

Nate Dorward

Durium

(CD-R)

NIS

thedwork

yeah. i got my cd already :)

looking forward to being stumped. the last one i felt like i recognized a few players, but from my cursory listen to this new one, looks like i'll be blowin' in the wind...

Guest Bill Barton

yeah. i got my cd already :)

looking forward to being stumped. the last one i felt like i recognized a few players, but from my cursory listen to this new one, looks like i'll be blowin' in the wind...

Therein lies the answer(s) my friend, blowin' in the wind... FWIW, the thing that I find the most stimulating about these BFTs is not the "guessing game" part of it, but the opportunity to hear music that might otherwise escape my attention filtered through someone else's perspective.