Are you guys paying attention to the Swine flu outbreak???

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously it is a terrorist plot made up by fundamentalist muslims. Those inept guys in Iraq looked invain for some strange chemicals stuff and didn't find the real one: the pigs in Saddam's private residences. I mean why there were lots of pigs in a muslim country, even Cheney should have know that muslims don't eat bacon and ribs. Now the real problem is: how many secret pigs Iran and Pakistan own?

Edited by porcy62

I'm paying attention. Nice to joke now, but it is a real issue.

Although they said that the person that Obama met didn't die of this, but had long-term health issues and died of pneumonia.

But among the concerns:

- People not extremely young or old are dying (like Spanish influenza)

- Mexico City, a global hub city, is key distribution site

- No known vaccine

However, no one I believe has yet died in the US, indicating that more rapid medical attention to those who are sick can be effective. And flu prophylactics like Tamiflu.

No pigs here. :cool:

Wrong. ;)

from the article you cited:

Jim and Tina Boes were settling in to watch the Detroit Tigers game on television Sunday afternoon when they spotted a massive feral hog in the brush behind their home in northern Muskegon County. Tina said she recognized the beast from an encounter two years ago, when the wild animal chased her and the couple's dog into their Dalton Township house. This time, the Boeses prevailed. They shot and killed not one, but four feral hogs. The largest, a huge female dubbed "Hogzilla," measured 6 feet, 3 inches from snout to rump, and weighed 514 pounds. "There's no doubt this is the same pig that chased me up the hill; she's a big, ugly pig," Tina said. "We'll have lots of bacon."

clearly, this was a case of revenge!

large_DDB%20Hogzilla%2001.JPG

those smiles creep me out a bit, especially his. :(

i got to laugh at Tina calling the female a "big, ugly pig."

lady, you ain't winning any beauty pageants yourself!

Obama even met with a man that died of the flu the next day!

geez, berigan. your post was only two short sentences, and even then you managed to get your facts wrong. the "man" was felipe solis olguin, an archaeologist who died of a combination of diabetes and pneumonia. of course, i'll bet you donuts to dollars that when the flu does hit the u.s., some idiots are going to blame obama for it. :rolleyes:

geez, berigan. your post was only two short sentences, and even then you managed to get your facts wrong. the "man" was felipe solis olguin, an archaeologist who died of a combination of diabetes and pneumonia. of course, i'll bet you donuts to dollars that when the flu does hit the u.s., some idiots are going to blame obama for it. :rolleyes:

Umm, you saying he wasn't a "man" robviti??? :blink: I like how you didn't quote the other line... Let's hope it was a different strain!!!! The other fact I got "wrong" from the article...

a distinguished archeologist who died the following day from symptoms similar to flu, Reforma newspaper reported. The newspaper didn’t confirm if Solis had swine flu or not.

So, I got the info from the article, and at the time, they said flu like symptoms. I should have looked into the future and said it was the diabetes and Pneumonia. <_< Still a bit strange to be well enough to meet with the president one day, and die the very next.

Well, I shouldn't trust you to be right that it was etched in stone what he died of, should I??? Lets see, from an article in the Independent the nation's Health Minister confirmed that Mr Solis had died of pneumonia – but that it was not thought he had contracted swine flu.

And a super smart guy like you are always telling us you are, should have noticed the flu has already hit the U.S. That fact was mentioned in the article I posted on the 25th :rolleyes:

Edited by BERIGAN

Umm, you saying he wasn't a "man" robviti??? :blink:
my use of quotations was a response to your not bothering to identify the victim.

I like how you didn't quote the other line... Let's hope it was a different strain!!!! The other fact I got "wrong" from the article...
i didn't quote your second sentence because it was obviously an opinion or a disingenuous display of concern for the president, not a purported fact like the sentence that preceded it.

I should have looked into the future and said it was the diabetes and Pneumonia.
you needn't have "looked into the future," but a more thorough search of the available data might have prevented your gaffe. more importantly, did you make any effort to correct yourself? yeah, that's a rhetorical question. you have a time-honored tradition of starting threads with a provocative remark based on half-truths (after all, solis did indeed die), then ignoring the unfolding conversation where your assertions are proved erroneous.

Well, I shouldn't trust you to be right that it was etched in stone what he died of, should I???
of course not...(additional periods inserted for emphasis)

most of us react to initial claims by searching for supporting evidence. go on and try it, it's fun!

And a super smart guy like you are always telling us you are...
am i always telling people i'm super smart, or do confrontations like this make you feel dumb in comparison?

then again, maybe you're alluding to my comment on another thread about some morons/palookas on the board.

to set things straight once and for all, if you are a moron or a palooka, that doesn't necessarily make me super smart.

[you] should have noticed the flu has already hit the U.S. That fact was mentioned in the article I posted on the 25th :rolleyes:
that line in the article did not escape me. as of yesterday, 20 mild cases of the flu have been reported in five states. i should have been more clear in expressing my opinion that i expect some right wing pundits or religious nuts will blame obama if the country is "hit" with the same kind of outbreak that mexico is experiencing (deaths, government closing of social events, widespread use of surgical-type masks in public places). of course, i'm prepared for the possibility that they might skip over obama altogether and go for the "swine flu is god's way of punishing homosexuals" argument again. Edited by robviti

Is it really a gaffe?

Reforma newspaper had reported that Obama had had contact at a museum with a reknown archeologist, Felipe Solis Olguin, who died of a combination of diabetes and pneumonia shortly afterwards.

Cordova Villalobos clarified the man's cause of death, saying the pneumonia was not related to influenza, but rather to a combination of an unnamed pre-existing condition and a sudden onset of pneumonia that was not related to influenza

Other papers reported he died of cardiac arrest including an obituary in an art magazine.

Needless to say, no matter what actually died of, if he had influenza that did not help and probably sealed his fate.

The flu can also worsen chronic health problems: asthmatics are more likely to have asthma attacks and people with chronic congestive heart failure may have their condition worsen.