Young tennis star Michelle Larcher de Brito

There needs to be a cap on such noise if her opponent lodges a complaint.

Any "concentration" sport, such as tennis (chess too!) needs a certain amount of quiet. But if her opponents don't complain, then I guess she can do it all she wants.

Here's an idea

2345784865_1dcfd90ed6.jpg

What the fuck? That's horrible. I'm offended.

Me too.

The bandana isn't big enough.

There needs to be a cap on such noise if her opponent lodges a complaint.

Any "concentration" sport, such as tennis (chess too!) needs a certain amount of quiet. But if her opponents don't complain, then I guess she can do it all she wants.

Here's an idea

2345784865_1dcfd90ed6.jpg

What the fuck? That's horrible. I'm offended.

Me too.

The bandana isn't big enough.

According to the story, her opponent did complain but didn't get anywhere with the referee. The problem, I would guess (and Larcher de Brito cited this), is that there have been a lot of grunters and yellers before this, and rarely if ever have they been penalized. Larcher de Brito further noted that her opponent complained only after points she had lost. Knowing f--- all about tennis, I would say that while Larcher de Brito may not be the loudest of the noise-makers, there's virtually no way that her piercing semi-siren scream isn't 98 per cent cooked up, rather than a natural extension of genuine physical effort. The solution? Let the Williams sisters corner her in the locker room and beat the crap out her, perhaps until she starts making the identical sounds. Or better yet, tape Larcher de Brito and provide her opponents with copies of her noise-making that are automatically actuated during play whenever they hit the ball. I bet she'd shut up fairly soon, though by that time there'd be no one left in the stands.