The Nessa Juggernaut rolls on

I can see the Von news has eclipsed my current releases - the Bowie is now in stock and the Smith should be here sometime Tuesday. Since I pay the postage in North America (and reduce export postage) there is little need to wait for the Vonski if you wish one of the others.

Remember I can also supply Okka Disk and much of the Uptown catalog.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be available in about a month.

51rI9CD53RL._SS500_.jpg

"Chicago saxophone legend Von Freeman took his working band to Europe for a triumphant appearance at Jazzfest Berlin, Halloween night, 2002. This recording contains the complete performance of his New Apartment Lounge Quartet from that evening. Festival artistic director John Corbett described the performance as 'a stunning toboggan ride of a concert, bringing some of the funky intimacy of the Chicago club to the German city'. He added 'Over the course of four long pieces, Freeman established his authority without question'."

Recorded at Jazzfest Berlin, October 31, 2002

w/ Mike Allemana - guitar, Jack Zara - bass and Michael Raynor - drums

The quartet plays Vonski Speaks, Darn That Dream, Summertime and Blues for Sunnyland.

There is a video of this concert. Any chance of the video getting released?

Thank you, Chuck, for sharing some amazing music with me (us).

I'd say that, out of all the Nessa recordings I've heard, Noonah is the most compelling - so far. But the harp piece from the Smith disc is right up there.

:tup

Edited by Joe G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For members ordering the reissue of Spirit Catcher: We were really unhappy with the print for the photos on the cover and tray. The booklet was folded incorrectly so the margins were wrong. The printer has corrected the errors and I will send new printed material to all of my mail order customers. Sorry for the inconvenience.