Unissued Charlie Parker

Tom in RI

My understanding: It has been shopped around to almost every recording company for 20+ years and she had no takers. Snippets, etc in bad sound. Not a complete issue worthwhile is my understanding. I think some, if not all, of this stuff has been issued by various labels. I think at least one major label bought something only to find out it had already been issued elsewhere.

But then, I could happily be wrong.

I think more likely sources are private collectors turning tapes over like the Bird in Boston cd I worked on. The trouble is these guys are dropping like flies and the tapes are being trashed by the heirs. You don't wanna know stories I've heard.

I think more likely sources are private collectors turning tapes over like the Bird in Boston cd I worked on. The trouble is these guys are dropping like flies and the tapes are being trashed by the heirs. You don't wanna know stories I've heard.

Chuck, tell some of these horrific stories. I know I would like to know.

Hmmm. . . I know they have tapes indeed, but I haven't heard of any with Bird.

BUT they did mention having about twenty hours of tape of the band with Paul Jeffrey, which is really good news---this was a great band that is little heard from (makes sense they would have tapes; Tootie was the drummer).

Chuck, tell some of these horrific stories. I know I would like to know.

Me too. Change the names to protect the guilty, if you must, but do tell.