QB Steve McNair

Very sad.

He was killed with a woman who wasn't his wife, in a condo he owned with a friend, which may mean nothing. The circumstances may be completely innocent. But being as they were killed in what appears to be almost execution style, if I were the cops I'd pursue the theory that the circumstances were not innocent until I was proved wrong.

Interesting that the friend who discovered their bodies says he initially walked past them into the kitchen, then re-emerged to find they had been shot and killed. That doesn't sound quite right to me.

Very shocking. Assuming it wasn't murder-suicide, makes you wonder who he was associating with after his career ended.

Murder-suicide seems to be the most likely explanation. Sounds like he was having an affair.

Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair, who led the famous Tennessee Titans' drive that came a yard short of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl, was found dead Saturday with multiple gunshot wounds, including one to the head. Police said a pistol was discovered near the body of a woman also shot dead in a downtown condominium.

Police said a witness saw McNair arrive at the condo in the upscale Rutledge Hill neighborhood between 1:30 and 2 a.m. Saturday and that Kazemi's vehicle was already there. The condominium is located within walking distance of an area filled with restaurants and nightspots, a few blocks from the Cumberland River and within view of the Titans' stadium.

Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn't break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.

The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying "she was not drunk, she was high."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4306275

Very shocking. Assuming it wasn't murder-suicide, makes you wonder who he was associating with after his career ended.

The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying "she was not drunk, she was high."

Oh lord...

From CNN

Asked whether the shooting was a murder-suicide, Don Aaron, spokesman for the Nashville Metropolitan Police Department, said investigators have not classified the incident. He said investigators have not ruled out anything but added that they were not "actively looking at suspects" Saturday night.

The NY Daily News is reporting that the police think it was murder-suicide.

There is a photo of the girl, who I think is attractive. I imagine that there is not a lot of interracial dating in Tennessee, and that this girl was a rare bird in more ways than one. As ss1 says, IMO.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...lle_report.html