The Ogun Collection

It's superb. I think there was a fairly lengthy thread on this elsewhere on the board.

Some of these discs were issued before (though I don't think any but the 1st disc made it to CD?) but the set does have some extra material.

thanks for the response nate - FWIW i could not find an existing thread.

It's superb. I think there was a fairly lengthy thread on this elsewhere on the board.

Some of these discs were issued before (though I don't think any but the 1st disc made it to CD?) but the set does have some extra material.

The previous thread is here:

Ogun Blue Notes Boxset

BTW The boxset is superb and may be cheaper to order directly from Hazel Miller at Ogun Records. However, the site doesn't have on-line ordering facilities so you would have to order by phone/e-mail.

Edited by Head Man

The previous thread is here:

Ogun Blue Notes Boxset

BTW The boxset is superb and may be cheaper to order directly from Hazel Miller at Ogun Records. However, the site doesn't have on-line ordering facilities so you would have to order by phone/e-mail.

ah! much thanks for the link!!!

:tup

looks like some big changes being made:

ogun

i pulled the trigger and bought it from "da bastids"

:blush2:

Edited by Bright Moments

Yes, yes, yes - please anyone who is on the fence buy this. Some of the most powerful music ever to come out of this country.

I had the privilege of sitting in with Moholo-Moholo's band on Monday for the second set of their album launch - if anyone is placing an order, put this one in the cart too! Louis is IMHO one of the very greatest drummers playing today. The spirit the guy summons is astonishing. A beautiful, beautiful musician.