Why are you here?

Bright Moments

Why are you here?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for "exchange ideas about music," but not sure that captures it. I find the non-music stuff just as ... interesting. Baseball, politics, buying-selling, polls on why I come here, that sort of thing. So maybe "exchange ideas about a relatively broad range of subjects -- some serious, some silly -- with people who have a similar taste in music as I do," might be more apt.

I voted other, too.

Not so much of a participant these days, but I do read just about everything - music and the rest.

I couldn't vote for one of the music-based answers, as much of my interest lies in the more heavily current affairs and general topics, mostly because they ARE generated and maintained by music folks.

More than one choice would have been better for me - but first off - I love music. I've been a professional musician since the mid 60s and played ALL kinds of gigs and all kinds of music - good and bad. Usually, and for better or worse, the bandleaders peg me as a jazzer and/or R&B player. When I first started posting I decided to keep out of the political stuff but disgust with the way things have been going since the 2000 elections revived an old interest so I now post on those threads too.

• 5 weeks later...

To find out about music I might like from other ordinary listening enthusiasts - gives a very different perspective to what you read in the papers/magazines from professional critics/writers. Hopefully to communicate a little enthusiasm for things I like to one or two others.

And because I've alighted on recordings here that I'd never have heard of through normal channels - Allen Lowe's four boxes, Seeline's wonderful Brazilian recommendations and Alexander Hawkins' recent CD come immediately to mind.

I find the place constantly shakes me out of my musical comfort zones.

Edited by Bev Stapleton