Blindfold Test Master Signup Thread

Dan Gould

I know I am slatted for March 2012, but I can also be put down for number 99? I have enough music selected for my slot at #96 that I can have two ready.

Hardbopjazz, I know you posted this in the BFT Master List thread, but it really belongs here, so I'm putting the reply here.

This is the second time in a few days I've had to disappoint someone. Assuming that the current level of interest in the BFT keeps up, we try to leave 12 months between BFT presentations by the same person. With that in mind, I've put you down for March of 2013, in addition to #96. That could change, depending on cancellations or a dearth of presenters in 2012, but you probably won't get moved up as much as #99, in any case.

I know that March of 2013 seems ridiculously far away, but time passes in the BFT world quicker than you realize.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the second time in a few days I've had to disappoint someone. Assuming that the current level of interest in the BFT keeps up, we try to leave 12 months between BFT presentations by the same person. With that in mind, I've put you down for March of 2013, in addition to #96. That could change, depending on cancellations or a dearth of presenters in 2012, but you probably won't get moved up as much as #99, in any case.

I know that March of 2013 seems ridiculously far away, but time passes in the BFT world quicker than you realize.

Hey, I only saw that now... thought you'd not seen my part about a second one. And since this here's a different environment from the other bulletin board, I'll limit it to one disc anyway. So please delete that other one a year later! Thanks!

Hey, I only saw that now... thought you'd not seen my part about a second one. And since this here's a different environment from the other bulletin board, I'll limit it to one disc anyway. So please delete that other one a year later! Thanks!

Okay, but let me know if you change your mind.

I will! But in this case it just makes no sense, as it would have really been two parts of the same... and I think for most here, having 80 minutes will be good enough!

I will! But in this case it just makes no sense, as it would have really been two parts of the same... and I think for most here, having 80 minutes will be good enough!

• 1 month later...

I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to contact Berigan for confirmation that he's ready to go for BFT 94 in January. I'm therefore planning on moving the next few presenters up a month, so 2012 will look like this:

#94 - jeffcrom - January, 2012

#95 - Hardbopjazz - February, 2012

#96 - Spontooneous - March, 2012

#97 - king ubu - April, 2012

#100 - Dr J, who presented the very first O forum BFT - July, 2012

down the road:

BillF - September, 2012

Hot Ptah - November, 2012

Hardbopjazz, Spontooneous and king ubu, please post a response to let me know you're okay with this. I won't change the "offical" master list until I hear from you. And Berigan, if you're out there and you still want to do the January test, let me know right away. I'm planning on posting my signup thread this weekend.

And we need BFT presenters for May and June, as well as most of the months beyond July. If you've never presented a blindfold test, read the FAQ and feel free to PM me with questions or concerns. I'll be glad to help any way I can. We try to make sure the same person doesn't present the BFT twice in a 12-month period, but otherwise, the available months are open to anyone. Post here and send me a PM if you'd like to be put on the schedule.

Edited by jeffcrom

Okay, potential Blindfold Testers - we need you. The following months in 2012 are open:

May

June

August

October

December.

I'd like to get presenters for May and June lined up soon - it makes me nervous when we are not scheduled six months out. Here's your chance to schedule a BFT slot in the not-too-distance future. First-time presenters are encouraged - PM me with questions and concerns.

Request your spot by replying here and sending me a PM.

Okay, potential Blindfold Testers - we need you. The following months in 2012 are open:

May

June

August

October

December.

I'd like to get presenters for May and June lined up soon - it makes me nervous when we are not scheduled six months out. Here's your chance to schedule a BFT slot in the not-too-distance future. First-time presenters are encouraged - PM me with questions and concerns.

I can be penciled in for August if you need someone.

May

June

August

October

December.

I can be penciled in for August if you need someone.

I just put Thom Keith in the August spot. And to spread things out, I want to keep the policy that nobody presents more than one BFT in a twelve-month period. If we ever get to the point where there aren't enough presenters, that policy may have to go out the window, but for now I think it's a good idea.

May

June

August

October

December.

I would like December if it is still open.

May

June

August

October

December.

Actually, I already have you in the November spot, based on an earlier request.

Edited by jeffcrom

• 2 weeks later...

May

June

August

October

December.

Actually, I already have you in the November spot, based on an earlier request.

That's fine, thanks.

• 2 months later...

I've got the music selected for one, so I could go in whenever it's convenient, Jeff.

Another rather odd one halfway through the drawing board stage. Some time next year, I guess.

MG

Ditto. And/or you can just keep me as the alternate.

MG, I put you down for April, 2013. Thom, you're already down for August of this year.

I've got the music selected for one, so I could go in whenever it's convenient, Jeff.

Another rather odd one halfway through the drawing board stage. Some time next year, I guess.

MG

Ditto. And/or you can just keep me as the alternate.

MG, I put you down for April, 2013. Thom, you're already down for August of this year.

√. Forgot about that. (CRS setting in hard)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...