Blindfold Test Master Signup Thread

Dan Gould

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ready to assemble another BFT. Please slot me in for the next available opening.

Thanks,

J

Done, although the next opening is almost a year away! You've got June, 2013.

Thanks Jeff.

It might take me that long to assemble a playlist (believe it or not).

Looking forward to it,

J

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've put webbcity down for the next open slot, which is less than a year from now - (and there was much rejoicing!) - July, 2013. However, since he has never done a BFT before, I would like to move him into any open slot that occurs between now and then. Everybody okay with that?

And Thom, one of us is confused about your next slot. Since you're doing the current BFT, you'll next be eligible for August, 2013. Let me know if you want that slot.

I've got the music selected for one, so I could go in whenever it's convenient, Jeff.

Another rather odd one halfway through the drawing board stage. Some time next year, I guess.

MG

Ditto. And/or you can just keep me as the alternate.

MG, I put you down for April, 2013. Thom, you're already down for August of this year.

√. Forgot about that. (CRS setting in hard)

Jeff, this was the message that had me thinking April, 2013. August 2013 is fine. As usual, in a pinch, I can always swap that to sub for a compiler unable to fulfill the need. To be honest, it's easier for me to compile September-through-June than to participate, but I'll always take whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've put webbcity down for the next open slot, which is less than a year from now - (and there was much rejoicing!) - July, 2013. However, since he has never done a BFT before, I would like to move him into any open slot that occurs between now and then. Everybody okay with that?

And Thom, one of us is confused about your next slot. Since you're doing the current BFT, you'll next be eligible for August, 2013. Let me know if you want that slot.

Thank you sir, I feel honored! And sorry for the late response, things have been busy around here. But when the time comes, I'll be ready. :)

Jeff,

All this discussion has me wanting to try it again; if you will still be willing to do the download and if you think you all can stand to listen to more of my stuff.

Dang - has it really been over a year since your BFT? Okay, you're down for August, 2013 - which will be here before you know it.

And Thom, I know that August, 2013 was your next eligible month. I put you down for September, 2013. I hope that's okay - I did it that way because you have done one since NIS has.

I guess that all of this interest in presenting a BFT is a good sign. I hope that all of the upcoming test attract lots of listeners.

And Thom, I know that August, 2013 was your next eligible month. I put you down for September, 2013. I hope that's okay - I did it that way because you have done one since NIS has.

September is fine. In fact, that probably works better for me as participating in one is very hard for me that (this) month.

• 4 months later...

I must remember I'm not 108 any more :)

MG

I didn't move you - just flipped Hardbopjazz and mikeweil. I put you in the April slot almost a year ago. Of course, I may have misnumbered and corrected the list at some point - I tend to mess up the numbers periodically.

Ah, that must be it :)

MG

I'll take December 2013 if still available. December tends to be a month I have a lot of time off work, so that would work out well for me, given my employment situation remains intact throughout 2013.

Okay, you've got December, which finishes out 2013.

You can put me down for aother in 2014.

You are down tentatively for February of next year. (I might need to open some slots for new presenters at some point.)

• 1 month later...

Can you please move my name down to the end of the list? After our removal (which was originally planned to sometime this summer) there is so much still to be arranged and so much work to be done, I don't even get around to listen to the previous BFTs. Don't have much time for listening to music, it turns out ...

I'm sorry, but I can't spare the time I need to compile a decent disc ... strained a nerve in my lower back a week ago, to make things worse, slowing me down even more.

I hope I do not cause too many inconveniences for the followers-up ...

Can I call 'dibs' on any BFT that a compiler can't meet his obligations, between now and October when I am back in the saddle? Been working on my sequencing so I'd be ready to go on short notice if anyone has to back out in the coming months.

Okay, here's how I'm proceeding: I've asked The Magnificent Goldberg if he would move up a month, since he has indicated to me that his April BFT is ready to go. Pending his response, Dan, why don't you take April, and I'll move mikeweil to the bottom of the list.