saw an amazing charles lloyd concert tonight

ive seen his a dozen times but never before i dont think with a regular working quartet of this nature--well heres my review of the concert, they played PASSIN' THRU!!!!!the bass started it off and at first i didnt even reckgnzozie it but then all of a sudden i hear the drums and i was still WTF and then charles lloyd came in on sax and i was OFGOMGOGMGOMGOMGOMMGOGMG!!!! never in a thousand years did i expect or think charles lloyd was going to dip that far back and pull out my all time favorite. maybe it was cause he has his new cohesive trio. charles also gave a 10 min. introduction to the show where he told a real trippy story about many things and touched on many points including how master higgins send eric harland to him to be his drummer from the beyond and all this stuff. it was a trip. passin thru was amazing- i could not believe what i was hearing. never in a thousand years did i expect him to play a song from the chico years. oh my god, i was so happy

passin through also was used as a feature for the drums, which was very good

Edited by chewy

Hey Chewy,

Just thought you'd like to know that someone taped that Charles Lloyd show you attended and it is currently up at Dime.

And in reply to kh1958, yes, Jason Moran was on piano for the gig.

Apologies to Jim A. if this isn't appropriate for the board... please let me know and I'll delete accordingly.

Cheers,

Shane