Duke Ellington Duke Box on Storyville: opinions?

David

I searched a while and couldn't find anything on this box.

I know it is a repackaging of individual Storyville releases, but is it worth it if one does not own any of the Storyville releases already?

I am interested in acquiring the Fargo material, and this seems to be the best (if only current way) to do so.

How is the rest of the set in terms of sound quality and performances?

Thanks!

I don't know why a search doesn't bring up the right pages (didn't work for me either, but a google domain-search did).

Here's an earlier thread:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=32097

And here's the Ellington corner, where I tried to link several useful threads about Ellington, including the one about the Duke Box:

Addition: if you want the Fargo, I'd get the longbox 2CD version, which has an amazing and detailled booklet! Even though I got the Duke Box (which has one page of notes per disc), I kept the Fargo set because of all the documentation!

• 2 years later...

Addition: if you want the Fargo, I'd get the longbox 2CD version, which has an amazing and detailled booklet! Even though I got the Duke Box (which has one page of notes per disc), I kept the Fargo set because of all the documentation!

ditto!!