felser

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That lot look even more loony than us :g

MG

Here's a post from this board

http://stereocentral.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2589&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Some fucktard on Yahoo groups wrote:

I just finished reading an article on line that stated each box set counts

as ONE unit sold, the same as if someone bought one copy of Abbey Road.

Why is that? If it's a 14 disc boxes why wouldn't it count as 14 units?

I know that when Garth Brooks brought out his box set it counted as multiple

units when sold.

And, has anyone heard any sales figures yet on how many have sold so far?

How dare the RIAA deny the Fabs a whole bunch of new gongs?

Another fucktard on Yahoo groups wrote:

So I came to number 12, "A Taste of Honey". It just happened that I was closer to the left speaker than to the right one at a certain moment, and I came to this conclusion: there is a disturbing background noise in certain places. I decided to make note:

(the song lasts 2.01) from 0.09-0.42 a background noise comes up, again from 0.57 - 1.30 and again from 1.40 - 1.44. As I said it is only in the left speaker, and it is like an old record which collected to much dust. All the other tracks do not have this noise

That'd be Ringo using brushes on the snare. This guy calls himself a fan, yet refers to Ringo's drumming as "a disturbing background noise in certain places" (could those certain places be the second and fourth beats of every bar?).

Still another fucktard on Yahoo groups wrote:

I sampled the Beatles box set and first off I would like to say they did a fine job with most of the remastering except for Rubber Soul. They did not use the same master that Mobile Fidelity Soundlab used in 1982.

Assuming you downloaded -- erm, purchased -- the version from the stereo box, the answer is simple. That, dipshit, is because they used the digital master from George Martin's 1987 remix.

Quote:

I wonder what DR Ebbetts feels.

He probably feels he got out of the business prematurely. There are so a bunch more stupid fuckers to be fleeced.

I promise to stop, but here's just one more fucktard from Yahoo groups who wrote:

Hi,I'm working my way through the Mono box set in order, and was gobsmacked to find that on 'Help! and 'Rubber Soul' have both the Mono and Stereo versions of their respective albums on the same disc! (I presume that the stereo versions are the remastered stereo versions, but maybe they're the 1987 versions; I haven't checked yet, and I also haven't played the rest of the mono albums to find out if this pattern is repeated on post 'R.S.' albums. This wasn't the case on the versions of 'P.P.M.', 'W.T.B.', 'A.H.D.N.' or 'B.F.S.'). Has anyone else had this good fortune?

Which proved too much even for the moderator, who wrote:

Quote:

Wow....uhhh, nope. You're just lucky.

(Hey, ******** group, help me out here....should I 1) accuse him of piracy

because anybody who has the actual box set knows that it's clearly explained literally on the outside of the box, 2) tell him that yeah, he's lucky, he's got a collector's item and that nobody else's copy is like that, 3) it's been discussed to death, or 4) a simple search on any search engine will answer his question in seconds?)

:rofl:

Edited by Van Basten II

It's sole purpose seems to be to ridicule the SH forum and it's regulars. Was funny for about 5 minutes, then I decided I had no need to go back. The SH forum has flaws and is over-regulated IMO, but there is some useful interesting information there as well.

And I agree with Hans... too much foul mouthed comments over there at stereocentral. It's like 13 year olds who cuss because they can suddenly get away with it, even though it really adds nothing to a discussion.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I mentioned the Organissimo forum in one of my posts this week and today I see that it has been edited out (with no notation of an edit BTW) by a gort (a Hoffman forum moderator). No notification or explanation was ever made to me either - they just cut it out. Hans quoted me later and they edited it out of that too. The thing that bugs me the most is that all I said was, "As I posted over on the Organissimo forums". What is so offensive about that? The gorts don't want me to post that I am a member of other forums?

I am getting tired of the over-active moderation over at that place. In the past few months, it has gotten pretty bad. This past week, one of their ex-moderators who went by the name of Pug started posting over on the Stereo Central forums. His behind the scenes stories are sad to read. It seems that Steve Hoffman is banning mention of anyone who even hints that anything he has ever mastered isn't "the best". Maybe some of our critiques over here have gotten back to him and "Organissimo" is now verboten?

Kevin

I mentioned the Organissimo forum in one of my posts this week and today I see that it has been edited out (with no notation of an edit BTW) by a gort (a Hoffman forum moderator). No notification or explanation was ever made to me either - they just cut it out. Hans quoted me later and they edited it out of that too. The thing that bugs me the most is that all I said was, "As I posted over on the Organissimo forums". What is so offensive about that? The gorts don't want me to post that I am a member of other forums?

Which posts were "gorted", Kevin?

I'd like to give you a direct link, but their forum is down. It was the XRCD thread where I copied my post about Lee Morgan's "Tom Cat". Since I was simply copying my post from here, I prefaced it with, "As I said at the Organissimo forum". That little intro has been cropped. You quoted me later in the thread and they edited it out of there too.

Kevin

I'd like to give you a direct link, but their forum is down. It was the XRCD thread where I copied my post about Lee Morgan's "Tom Cat". Since I was simply copying my post from here, I prefaced it with, "As I said at the Organissimo forum". That little intro has been cropped. You quoted me later in the thread and they edited it out of there too.

Kevin

You couldn't make this up. It's almost like Orwell's Animal Farm (with SH as "Napoleon" ;) ).

I find it all very unfortunate since, apparent megalomania notwithstanding, I find SH's remastering work - as evidenced by his DCC discs and the newer Music Matters LPs - to be exceptional.

True, but you have to admit that starting about a year ago, the place has gotten strange, to say the least. I think it started around the time Steve booted off the MFSL mastering engineers because they had the audacity to tell everyone that the DCC CD of Roy Orbison's greatest hits was made from 2nd gen masters. Rather than engaging them in a discussion about it, Steve simply banned them and any mention of the MFSL Roy Orbison CD. I've been told that if anyone tries starting up the topic again, their posts are removed and the thread starter is banned.

BTW, both of those MFSL engineers have posted about the whole situation over on Stereo Central. They are not happy with Steve Hoffman right now.

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

I find it all very unfortunate since, apparent megalomania notwithstanding, I find SH's remastering work - as evidenced by his DCC discs and the newer Music Matters LPs - to be exceptional.

True, but you have to admit that starting about a year ago, the place has gotten strange, to say the least. I think it started around the time Steve booted off the MFSL mastering engineers because they had the audacity to tell everyone that the DCC CD of Roy Orbison's greatest hits was made from 2nd gen masters. Rather than engaging them in a discussion about it, Steve simply banned them and any mention of the MFSL Roy Orbison CD. I've been told that if anyone tries starting up the topic again, their posts are removed and the thread starter is banned.

BTW, both of those MFSL engineers have posted about the whole situation over on Stereo Central. They are not happy with Steve Hoffman right now.

About 2 years ago several Hoffman forum moderators ("gorts") quit, among them a few who I thought were quite reasonable; "Pug" was one of them. According to Pug (on Stereo Central) some of them were increasingly unhappy with the way they were supposed to moderate the forum.