World Cup 2010

And Cameroon has the dubious honor of being the first team eliminated of this competetion. So far African teams have yet to be inspired by playing on their own continent. Japan-Danemark will decide the other team that will go t the next round The Danes will need another win since a tie won't be enough.

Are you sure about that? Right now there is no goal differential between Denmark and Japan. However, Denmark have scored more goals. So, if they tie, doesn't Denmark go through on that basis?

Results so far:

Netherlands 2, Denmark 0

Japan 1, Cameroon 0

Netherlands 1, Japan 0

Cameroon 1, Denmark 2

Denmark's goal difference is -1 (2-3), while Japan's is 0 (1-1), so if they draw Japan will advance to the last 16 (rules, post #165)

Yes, I just realized that Denmark had lost 2 nil. For some reason, I thought that it was only 1 nil.

Based on what I saw today, I hope Denmark advance. Japan is just sterile.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost interest when the USA team got screwed out of a legit goal vs. Slovania.

It is fairly obvious that the European/International refs cheat.

Advantage: Anybody but America.

The World Cup is anti-American bullshit.

Fuck the World Cup.

Fuck the World Cup.

Yeah, that must be it. The World Cup, with its long and illustrious history, is nothing more than "anti-American bullshit." Yep, the event the entire world (except for Canada and the US, although that's changing) looks forward to every four years is simply a celebration of everything un-American. I can see it now... each and every one of those 2 BILLION+ people who will watch the final will do so by burning the American flag and chanting "death to the infidels." None of them will be tuning in to watch the beautiful game, nosiree... they're just going to watch as a way to stick it to Uncle Sam one more time. Oh, and all those referees will be dancing a jig of joy in the realization that they've "cheated" the US out of the tournament.

Tim, you really need to get a grip sometimes. Either use the logical side of your brain, or stay out of the deep end of any conversation regarding a topic you clearly know nothing about.

Cheers,

Shane

Fuck the World Cup.

Yeeeha! He's back - firing off the same post at two forums.

Look, Indestructible! you just gotta join the dots.

OF COURSE the World Cup is anti-American. For the very simple reasons that 1. American is the centre of the universe; and 2. American is the greatest country in the world.

The US has been one of the under dog teams I've been cheering for - along with (obviously) Australia, but also NZ and all the rest of 'em.

I can happily drop the US now, though, coz the cavalry's arrived!

Edited by kenny weir

Ahhhh ... cilly Sunday afternoon.

Reading a SWEDISH cop book.

Watching AUSTRALIAN football - league, AFL.

Nice and warm ...

But in the interests of further anti-American solidarity, I may have to switch from alternating deep soul and western swing to ... oh, I dunno ... Reggae? Township jive? Brit jazz? Decisions, decisions ... :party:

Nice and warm ...

But in the interests of further anti-American solidarity, I may have to switch from alternating deep soul and western swing to ... oh, I dunno ... Reggae? Township jive? Brit jazz? Decisions, decisions ... :party:

Now, you really do sound like a big idiot. I do not not think you want to prove our point by opening your mouth again...on this subject.!!!???

LMAO...That is the funniest thing I've read in a long, long while. A deep end in the conversation about this obviously flawed/corrupt world cup ..that is funny and the poster/Shane should heed his own advice.

Ah Danny, you make me laugh! Is it wet or dry season for you these days, I can never remember?

Regardless, let me say ***CLASP***!

And, sorry to hear about our Cortland friend... he was a good guy.

Cheers,

Shane

LMAO...That is the funniest thing I've read in a long, long while. A deep end in the conversation about this obviously flawed/corrupt world cup ..that is funny and the poster/Shane should heed his own advice.

Ah Danny, you make me laugh! Is it wet or dry season for you these days, I can never remember?

Regardless, let me say ***CLASP***!

And, sorry to hear about our Cortland friend... he was a good guy.

Cheers,

Shane

You sound like an idiot

Nice and warm ...

Now, you really do sound like a big idiot. I do not not think you want to prove our point by opening your mouth again...on this subject.!!!???

In a little while I'll make some coffee and have some LEBANESE chocolate and almond halva with it. Later still, I'll get the fixings out of the fridge and make myself a nice INDIAN meal. :crazy:

Nice and warm ...

In a little while I'll make some coffee and have some LEBANESE chocolate and almond halva with it. Later still, I'll get the fixings out of the fridge and make myself a nice INDIAN meal. :crazy:

In too deep...LMAO!!!

Man, is this a dead thread.

The World Cup is like USA rookie baseball.

No High Def, no Instant Replay...Refs on the take.

Whomever let South Africa host this travesty...Bring back Rugby!!!!!!!!!!

Really, disgusting from everything I've heard from those who are there!

Every team is LOCKED DOWN...TIGHT.!! THEY CANNOT WAIT TO LEAVE!!

OBAMA wanted to go....what a disgrace!!!

Why is it M. Jordan, Jabbar, Bird and Kobe, etc can be treated with respect,but the SA's want to kill these soccer players and their fans?

Edited by TheLBC

Fuck the World Cup.

Yeeeha! He's back - firing off the same post at two forums.

Look, Indestructible! you just gotta join the dots.

OF COURSE the World Cup is anti-American. For the very simple reasons that 1. American is the centre of the universe; and 2. American is the greatest country in the world.

The US has been one of the under dog teams I've been cheering for - along with (obviously) Australia, but also NZ and all the rest of 'em.

I can happily drop the US now, though, coz the cavalry's arrived!

Need I say more.

The world is laughing at this World Cup.

Every player/ref wants to leave....is it that hard to figure out.

People!

Enough of this!

It's only soccer :excited:

This thread is beginning to look like the dressing room of the WC French team and that's the last place I want to be right now :angry:

By many reports, the Aussie and English dressing rooms have hardly been picture of harmony, either

Kenny, who said, "to hell with cooking, INDIAN or otherwise", so hopped in his car and headed for his regular VIETNAMESE pho joint.

Edited by kenny weir