Ronnie Ross

couw

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then there was one. Got a picture at least although I had hoped to buy the album. Went beyond my price on eBay. Here's the picture, which I have just put up on our website www.ronnierss.com

So now there is just one item left on the list, although I'd still be interested if anyone spots different covers from the ones I've got. Thank you to all who try, even if unsuccessful!

1. 55/1 Leader: Tony Crombie Dates: March 13, 31, May 17, July 7, September 9 and September 1955 Venue: London Label: Decca DFE6281, F10514, 10620, F10547 [6 7], F10592 [9 10], F10637 [11 13] Album Titles: Tony Crombie and his Orchestra, Presenting Tony Crombie Vol 2 (EP)

An "album" on our website celebrating Ronnie Ross (www.ronnieross.com) now has a picture as below. Not a proper issue but one that has been available for download for some time now. It's a very good session and if anyone would like to hear the music, PM me and I will send you a link to download. Only disc 1 so far but if there's any take up I will make disc 2 available as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I still have a standing request here for any information about Ronnie Ross and particularly album cover pictures that I don't have. There is also an invitation to contact me about free downloads of Ronnie Ross music.

Both of these are no longer current. I am winding up my activity in respect of Ronnie Ross. The website (www.ronnieross.com) is still there but I am no longer participating and have cancelled the Ronnie Ross Jazz Discography (which was all my own work).

Many thanks to all those who have helped.

• 11 months later...

I am still just ticking over on the Ronnie Ross website (www.ronnieross.com). We have now acquired some new pictures and I put them up onto the website a few minutes ago. They can be seen at entry 57/6 in the discography - two covers of "Cleo's Choice", an album on which Ronnie played alto and clarinet rather than baritone. The images have been improved with the help of Couw and Jazzman4133 - thanks to both.

I have now got a picture of sorts for all the discography entries for which covers are applicable, so the long search is over unless better versions surface. In one case - Tony Crombie - I have to be satisfied with an image of the EP disc as no cover has ever surfaced for the album.

Having been in hibernation for a while, it would be nice to hear from anyone who has more information about Ronnie Ross or would like to discuss his music. I am in touch with Alun Morgan and he supplied some words about Ronnie which are displayed on the website, along with contributions from Allan Ganley, Don Rendell and others - musicians, friends and students.

• 15 years later...