Amy Winehouse

Dave James

I dunno, too many real victims in the world to trivialize the meaning of the word through less than accurate overuse. Same thing with "genius", seems that everybody has a claim laid to being one so they can claim the perks, but...really?

There's enough addicts who are victims, not of their disease, but of criminally (literally, imo) inadequate treatment options and support systems if/when they try to get right. But I don't think that Amy Winehouse is that type of "victim".

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno, too many real victims in the world to trivialize the meaning of the word through less than accurate overuse. Same thing with "genius", seems that everybody has a claim laid to being one so they can claim the perks, but...really?

There's enough addicts who are victims, not of their disease, but of criminally (literally, imo) inadequate treatment options and support systems if/when they try to get right. But I don't think that Amy Winehouse is that type of "victim".

She's too sick to get any perspective on her situation. She can't see the forest for the trees.

Addicts can't be advised. They either have to arrive at the realization that they need to get clean, or they ride the addiction clear to oblivion.

True.

Edited by 7/4

She's too sick to get any perspective on her situation. She can't see the forest for the trees.

That's not because she's "sick", that's because she's high.

Whatever sickness she has, it's not like she doesn't know what the options - and results - are.

If she wants to kill herself, fine. She will, and it will be her choice.

That's not because she's "sick", that's because she's high.

Whatever sickness she has, it's not like she doesn't know what the options - and results - are.

If she wants to kill herself, fine. She will, and it will be her choice.

Go to an AA or an AlAnon meeting and get some perspective Jim.

My Uncle is addicted to prescription painkillers. The pills have made a mess of his filtration system, which has quite clearly affected his ability to reason. They've poisoned him, and he's completely detached from reality. Despite his career and friends/family relationships rapidly deteriorating, he's totally convinced he's right about everything. He can't be told anything. He's always right and has never been wrong once, in his eyes. Delusions of grandeur.

• 1 month later...