Cancer took my wonderful wife last week

Oh man, Rolf, I am so sorry and sad to hear this--I know what a battle she fought with this and what the two of you went through with it. Yes, you may have been a lucky man to be with her, but she was lucky to be with you as well. Please know you'll have as much care and friendship as those of us here can offer.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add my name to the very long list of well wishers, Rolf.

We have sparred, you and I, on the various Jazz BBS's over the years. But I have come to know you as a good hearted man and now, one who loved his wife very much.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Rolf. And I pray for you and your family to find peace in this difficult time.

A toast to you and your wife, my friend.

Tim

Dear Rolf,

I did not know what you were going through, so the news comes as a shock. Please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your wife, she was obviously a truly remarkable woman, and it is clear to me that she found the right mate. Senator Bond's tribute was moving, thank you for sharing it.

If my own experience means anything, your beloved Julie will continue to make her presence felt to you and your two daughters--this is but a physical absence and you will all continue to draw strength from the memories and spirit she leaves behind.

Take good care of yourself, Rolf . You, Monika and Paula are fortunate to have each other now, the loss will always be there, but time will mitigate your sorrow.

Chris

I tried to send this as a PM, but it wouldn't let me do that.