Stereo Jack's In Cambridge, MA not closing!

Kevin Bresnahan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone over on the Steve Hoffman forums has started a thread saying that Stereo Jack's in Cambridge, MA is closing in two months! Jack - is this true? Are you hanging it up?

I have to make plans to visit a few more times before that final curtain goes down.

Man, am I feeling old right now.

Kevin

I guess the cat is out of the bag. Yes, we will be gone at the end of March.

Until then, it's business as usual.

As I've written elsewhere, I still have dreams about Stereo Jack's! And I left Boston about 8 years ago! I was back last year and of course scored some amazing stuff.

Jack, my two favorite record stores EVER are Stereo Jack's and Princeton Record Exchange (back when the latter was great in the early 1990s).

Best of luck - I hope this is happening for good reasons.

Oh this is horrible.... I'll be there next week!! Thanks for everything Jack!

Someone over on the Steve Hoffman forums has started a thread saying that Stereo Jack's in Cambridge, MA is closing in two months! Jack - is this true? Are you hanging it up?

I have to make plans to visit a few more times before that final curtain goes down.

Man, am I feeling old right now.

Kevin

I guess the cat is out of the bag. Yes, we will be gone at the end of March.

Until then, it's business as usual.

Mr.Stereo Jack, would you, in time, announce the details of the closure? Is there going to be a final grand sale?

Congratulations on your retirement, and Thank You!

Will tell the whole story in time. We still have two months, so any sale announcements would be premature.

Edited by Stereojack

I'm distraught - best record store ever, without you guys I could never have done any of my projects -

I spoke to Matt as soon as I heard - gotta make sure I make at least one last trip.

also, let me mention that I have sold stuff to many many stores over the years, and the only one that I ever felt gave hones prices and appraisals was Jack's.

Edited by AllenLowe

I am so bummed right now I can't even begin to think about what it will be like without Jack's place. I learned so much stuff just standing around "shooting the shit" with Jack and his gang. The great "debates" held there always put a smile on my face. I still haven't been able to convince Charlie that I listen to anything other than Blue Note CDs. :)

I am so bummed right now I can't even begin to think about what it will be like without Jack's place. I learned so much stuff just standing around "shooting the shit" with Jack and his gang. The great "debates" held there always put a smile on my face. I still haven't been able to convince Charlie that I listen to anything other than Blue Note CDs. :)

I'm bummed, too. I can't say that I've been to the store more than a handful of times since moving back to NY 7 years ago, and for this I am really sorry.

Jack, I don't know your reasons for closing. However, if there is an economic aspect to it, I wish I could help.

I don't know if many on the O Forums are familiar with the 3/50 Project, but the project is something my family supports in order to keep the small, independent businesses we love alive in my part of NY State. There are so many businesses for which I'd love to pledge to spend $50 per month. I wish I could better achieve this for those places outside my direct locale.

I hope my new releases weren't the cause of either! :mellow:

I imagine Jack will chime in, but over on the Hoffman forums, the original poster has placed the "blame" on a pizza place that wants to move into Jack's storefront. Just what that street needs - another pizza joint. FWIW, it's also being said that the pizza from this place isn't very good so we're losing Jack's place for bad pizza. :crazy: