2011 MLB Season

Matt Harrison is still scheduled to start tonight, in spite of still not yet passing his kidney stone. How is that supposed to work?

I've had a couple of kidney stones in my lifetime and all I can say is I wouldn't want to be him. I'm sure the team has some strong pain killers he can take, but still....

And if he is on strong pain killers, I wouldn't want to be an opposing hitter.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Harrison is still scheduled to start tonight, in spite of still not yet passing his kidney stone. How is that supposed to work?

I've had a couple of kidney stones in my lifetime and all I can say is I wouldn't want to be him. I'm sure the team has some strong pain killers he can take, but still....

And if he is on strong pain killers, I wouldn't want to be an opposing hitter.

Are there rules/guidelines about that sort of thing? If someone's out there blitzed on Oxy-whatever and injures another player either because he's disoriented or can't feel any pain, that doesn't seem right.

Sheesh, it must be great to be young is all I can say. I half expect he'll be grunting & yelping like certain female tennis players. Either that or he'll grind his molars down to nubs while he waits & pitches.

Didn't see the Rangers game, and pulled up to the club right at the end of the 3rd, but the recaps seem as if Harrison lost control then. He was goinf ine for the first three tha I saw/heard. But two games in a row, the recently found and much-appreciated Ranger Starter's Mojo vaporizes as if it never existed. I guess the kidney stone was not an issue. Wow.

I'm talking my daughter to see Ogando pitch tomorrow night (she knows very little about baseball but is thrilled to go to The Ballpark for the first time in longer than anybody knows for sure, and she's happy to have a sports night with dad, just because it's with dad and it's "flashy", not because it's sports (and I'm more than happy that she's happy, for whatever reason). Here's hoping Ogandao stops this slide while it's still just a mini-slide slide and that the offense does right by him in the process. Put on a show and make my baby girl a fan!

And jeez, Matt Harrison dude -pass that freakin' kidney stone ASAP, and definitely before your next turn.

One thing I love to see is when Papi gets all of a pitch, knows its gone, he'll turn to the dugout and toss the bat toward the bat boy, as if to say, "here, you can put this away for me, I'm finished with it" and then he takes his trot around the bases.

Of course Girardi and the Yankee catcher weren't too happy about it last night. Personally I think ever since Reggie perfected the toss-the-bat-aside-and-stare-for-30-seconds-at-the-ball act, Yankee players and managers lost all right to bitch and moan.

One thing I love to see is when Papi gets all of a pitch, knows its gone, he'll turn to the dugout and toss the bat toward the bat boy, as if to say, "here, you can put this away for me, I'm finished with it" and then he takes his trot around the bases.

Of course Girardi and the Yankee catcher weren't too happy about it last night. Personally I think ever since Reggie perfected the toss-the-bat-aside-and-stare-for-30-seconds-at-the-ball act, Yankee players and managers lost all right to bitch and moan.

Not sure anyone can hold a candle these days to Bryce Harper, the Washington wunderkind now laboring in the low minors. After stopping to admire his long ball handiwork the other night for an exaggerated length of time, and pissing off the pitcher in the process, he gave him a pucker as he trotted between third and home. I think if I was this kid, I'd either dial it down a notch or reinforce the padding in my batting helmet.

Not sure anyone can hold a candle these days to Bryce Harper, the Washington wunderkind now laboring in the low minors. After stopping to admire his long ball handiwork the other night for an exaggerated length of time, and pissing off the pitcher in the process, he gave him a pucker as he trotted between third and home. I think if I was this kid, I'd either dial it down a notch or reinforce the padding in my batting helmet.

It's exactly because he doesn't do that shit is one of the reasons why I admire Chase Utley. Doesn't matter if he hits a home run or strikes out he never changes the expression on his face. It's all business.

It's exactly because he doesn't do that shit is one of the reasons why I admire Chase Utley. Doesn't matter if he hits a home run or strikes out he never changes the expression on his face. It's all business.

Harper could use a lesson or two from the real professionals. I hope he won't come near the big league team until he stops pulling this kind of stunt and loses the warpaint on his face.

Hard fought series with the Giants, 2-1 in favor of the defending World Champs. Now it's off to San Diego.

Now if AZ/Colorado could lose a few games, that would be very nice.

Always nice when the [hated] Dodgers lose.

Sorry, Noj.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Cole Hamels is throwing some downright nasty, filthy stuff this season. So far he's having the best season of the Phantastic Phour. He's 8-2 w/ 2.58 ERA and 0.95 WHIP. He should have at 2-3 more wins. For example last week he allowed 1 hit over 9 innings and got a no decision.

I'm talking my daughter to see Ogando pitch tomorrow night...Here's hoping Ogando stops this slide while it's still just a mini-slide slide and that the offense does right by him in the process. Put on a show and make my baby girl a fan!

Pretty much how it happened, all of it. Although Ogando was not totally sharp the first four, he only gave up the solo shot in the first, and then worked around and out of everything else until he found his zone and stayed in it until finally needing to leave with two out in the third. Dammit Darren Oliver flashes his beauty to finish the eight, his beast to put the two on in the ninth, and then in comes Neftali, who gives up a double (two runs in a third of an inning charged to Dammit, and frankly, I kinda chuckled at that and what it would do to his ERA), but then POP POW SLAM, gave over, Rangers win, Nefti grinning again.

And moist importantly, even more than seeing Ogando AND it being dollar hot dog night, my daughter became a fan. She was really struck at how much there was to look at during a game, and how cool it was the way everything moved together when the ball was put into play, as well as how high a flyball really is, and how fast the ball really moves. She actually told me that she wants to go to more games because the game is NOTHING like it is on TV, that live baseball is da shizz.

Makes a father proud to know they've raised their daughter right, it does.

OGANDO!!!

Cole Hamels is throwing some downright nasty, filthy stuff this season. So far he's having the best season of the Phantastic Phour. He's 8-2 w/ 2.58 ERA and 0.95 WHIP. He should have at 2-3 more wins. For example last week he allowed 1 hit over 9 innings and got a no decision.

It helped that the Dodgers are now a AAA team. Did you check out Dee Gordon? he looks like he's thirteen years old, and at 150, a strong wind might put him out for the season. The Dodgers are clearly aiming for next year, when the younger players will have a year's experience, and hopefully mature into big league players. The Dodgers offense is truly abysmal right now, it reminds me of Seattle last year, if the other team scores three runs, the games over.

Yeah, i was kinda hoping that we could get try to him at some point along the way, should he prove to be one of those "not really happy in New York" type guys. The bullpen seemed to agree with him, and lord knows, bullpen help is a/the top priority here, and will be for some time, I'm afraid.

Then again, that's how it is almost everywhere...

Edited by JSngry

Figures. Now the Yankees bullpen, which was supposed to be the strongest piece of the puzzle, is now just as lame as the rest of the team. No Soriano, no Feliciano, no Marte and now no Chamberlain. Add to this the Red Sox ownership of New York so far this year, inconsistent starting pitching and an everyday lineup littered with overpaid, underperforming position players and I think it would be safe to say that things are pointed in the wrong direction. My biggest concern is that the brass will decide to "give away the farm" in exchange for a quick fix. I really believe that New York needs to recalibrate and focus on the long term, like four or five years out. If that entails being uncompetitive for awhile, so be it.

New York Yankee Joba Chamberlain has a torn elbow ligament, likely out for the season

http://www.lonestarb...ment-likely-out

Too bad, he was having a good year. I hate the Yankees, but I hate more seeing a player going down with a injury.

Yes, he really seemed to be evolving into a more reliable asset for the bullpen this season, especially after Soriano's very shaky start and subsequent injury. Any tenuous grasp the Yankees had on making a serious run for the AL East title against Boston is pretty much gone now; I just don't see how they're going to be able to shore up their relief, even if Phil Hughes returns and is able to perform adequately as a starter (subsequently relegating either Garcia or Nova to the pen).