Three New Mosaic Sets Shipping

Just got an e-mail from Mosaic indicating that the Lunceford, Rivers and Tolliver sets are now shipping. I haven't ordered any of these yet, but I'm sure many of you have. Well, start counting the days 'cause they're on their way.

Edited by Dave James

I considered the existence of the other thread and even checked to see if anyone had posted about the release. I found nothing and since that thread was more focused on a discussion of the music, who did the mastering, that sort of pre-release chatter, I thought that rather than bury what some would consider important news, I would put up a brand new thread. Right? Wrong? Who's to say? If you want to merge them I have no problem with that.

I considered the existence of the other thread and even checked to see if anyone had posted about the release.

You clearly didn't look very close. Either that, or I'm on your ignore list. rolleyes.gif

P.S. Still waiting for my Tolliver.

Your post was on the sound samples thread. I didn't check that one. Besides, you only referenced the Tolliver release, not the Lunceford or the Rivers. So, it was 2/3'rds deficient. As a result, I only feel 1/3 as bad. :D

Edited by Dave James

Just received the Tolliver and Lunceford sets this evening! Tough decision about which to play first, chose the Lunceford. So far so GOOD! Sound quality top notch! I was concerned because I think the sound on the Artie Shaw and Armstrong (to an extent) is a little thin and harsh. The first disk sounds very good, especially considering it includes music recorded in 1934.

First impression is that this will be a set that I will REALLY enjoy. I'll try to piece together a review when I finish with the set. If you like pre-war big band BUY THIS NOW. No regrets!

From what I've read, now that Mosaic has switched to booklets with the number pre-stamped on the back cover, as opposed to a handwritten number on the inside front cover at the time of shipment, the warehouse pulls a booklet off the shelf without regard to order, similar to how they used to ship Mosaic Selects when the Selects were numbered.

From what I've read, now that Mosaic has switched to booklets with the number pre-stamped on the back cover, as opposed to a handwritten number on the inside front cover at the time of shipment, the warehouse pulls a booklet off the shelf without regard to order, similar to how they used to ship Mosaic Selects when the Selects were numbered.

That's not a new procedure, it's been like that for quite a while now.

Very interesting... I ordered and received the Lunceford set today.. And YES before someone asks for the 1000th time.. Mosaic box sets (not Selects) are sent out in sequential order... I got # 1013... This from a set that just barely started shipping!!! By contrast I ordered the MJQ set a few weeks after it was announced and received #349... Seems like the Lunceford is very hot!!

Very interesting... I ordered and received the Lunceford set today.. And YES before someone asks for the 1000th time.. Mosaic box sets (not Selects) are sent out in sequential order... I got # 1013... This from a set that just barely started shipping!!! By contrast I ordered the MJQ set a few weeks after it was announced and received #349... Seems like the Lunceford is very hot!!

I pre-ordered mine quite a while ago and received #238, and definitely agree about how they are sent out in sequential order. I have asked Mosaic about that, and that's what they say. Good news for Mosaic!!! The more they sell, the more that they will release.

Edited by Jazz Nut