NAD CD player warranty

Bol

I've sent back my CD player to North Country Audio so that they can send it to NAD to be fixed. And the people at NAD have now kept it for almost 2 and a half months. Not clear when I can get it back. Does anyone have experience dealing with NAD on warranty repairs? It seems like an ungodly long time that they have kept the player, and the guy at North Country keep saying "next week', and nothing happens. Very frustrating!

That does seem too long, although shipping back and forth to the UK might have taken up a couple of weeks in itself. (I assume NAD repair i in England?) You should ask North Country when they sent it.

It's one reason I buy locally. For my last CD player repair, the dealer loaned me a comparable CD player until mine was ready. You might ask North Country if they have a demo model they can loan you while the repair is being done.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the CD player back. It took exactly 3 months. I could swear off NAD's. But the thing is, I really love the sound of this player. Well, I'll see whether this one, as fixed, lasts. If it does, maybe I will jump in for another one for my bedroom where an old Denon currently creaks and often emits high-frequency moan.

I have a really nice-sounding compact Denon/Mission system in the bedroom. The CD transport on the Denon gave up after a year or so. Had it repaired locally (Myer-Emco, no longer around). Been cool since. Unless the CD player is extremely cheap to start with, usually worth getting the repair done.