RIP Carol Britto

TedR

Thanks for posting this..........I worked at the Village Corner in the '80's and Carol played there a lot, so we were friends. I learned a lot from her back then, and we shared a lot of good times in that joint, but I hadn't heard a word from her for years - she was a great lady and a helluva pianist. RIP Carol..........

Saw and heard Carol a lot in Toronto, of course. She had the house trio at 'Lytes' jazz room in the Royal York Hotel, and for a couple of years backed all the major names. I recall Benny Carter being very taken with her playing.

Carol was a big baseball fan, and often subbed for the regular organist at the Blue Jays games at the old Exhibition Stadium in the late '70s and early '80s. She knew hundreds and hundreds of tunes, and could always be counted on to play an appropriate one for the situation. (But never, of course, Three Blind Mice).

Somehow, I have the "Alone Together" (with Flip AND Michael Moore) only on cassette (Town Crier TC 515). And there's a duo with Moore on "Inner Voices" that's fine, too. (TC 512). They are on very good quality cassettes, mind you, but I think I'll put 'em onto CDRs for convenience.

(edited for lazy searching)

Whoops! A deeper search on the CD shelves found "Along Together" under Flip's name. Will move it to the Britto slot, and start a new search under Moore for "Inner Voices"... :rolleyes:

Edited by Ted O'Reilly