School Bus Monitor Harassment

You had two adults on that bus. One of whose sole job was to keep it from happening. The problem is she's the one it's happening too. If she can't or won't do anything when it's her....do you think she would do anything to help other kids? Would anyone allow want their kids on a bus she was supposed to be "monitoring"?

No one is denying that that the kids were behaving badly here, or that the parent's obviously failed. That's still doesn't warrant death threats against them and their families. Police having to go into tactical alert over hostage hoaxes.

Edited by Blue Train

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt re: the "death threats." That's way overboard and I do blame the demise of the big bands for that one. ;) People of all ages, I've learned, can be idiots. I understand what you mean about her being a bus monitor who didn't really do any monitoring. I suspect she needed to be there simply for "procedural" reasons - i.e., having an adult other than the driver on board. But really, what could she really have done about the verbal abuse hurled her way? I might've smacked the kids responsible for it - but that only would've land me in jail, and not on a trip to Disneyland.

Yep, I'm sure this sort of stuff, sadly, goes on each and every day. Only by going viral did it really become news. I'm heartened that so many across the country are appalled by the boys' behavior. Frankly, I'm bothered by those who simply shrug it off as "kids being kids."

Exactly, RDK.

Well put.

But really, what could she really have done about the verbal abuse hurled her way?

Say, "Get the fuck back in your seats and shut up, or else."

Say that and you'll be looking for work the next day.

Though, I have to admit, there have been times....

She's retiring and what she doesn't invest will help members of her family. She will give to charity here and there according to her daughter.

She's still not willing to help defuse what the kids and their families are going through.

“I keep thinking, ‘What have I done? It’s like I almost don’t feel like I deserve it.”

To paraphrase Edwin Starr....Absolutely Nothing!