Dedicated - new organissimo CD

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!

Can I count on the box set well before Christmas? I plan on re-gifting. :g

Seriously though, what exactly is the deal with the fees being charged on all these transactions? And for that matter is Kickstarter a business or a charity? What's their cut?

Congratulations!

Can I count on the box set well before Christmas? I plan on re-gifting. :g

Seriously though, what exactly is the deal with the fees being charged on all these transactions? And for that matter is Kickstarter a business or a charity? What's their cut?

My original plan was to have the new album out by next month but due to not knowing whether this was going to be successful or not (the Kickstarter), I did not book any studio time for mixing / mastering nor did I book the photographer for the cover art. All that will have to wait until I return from my final tour of 2012 with Janiva Magness. I leave tomorrow and will be back Nov 3rd. I now have the studio booked for the week of the 12th. Photo shoot will hopefully be soon after I get back (have to schedule it).

Also, our radio promo guy is suggesting not to release it for radio until after the new year. Not sure why (need to talk to him about that). But regardless, I plan to have the CDs in hand by December. And I also plan on sending them to the backers way before we send them to radio. So yes, I hope to have the box sets and the new CD out in time for Christmas.

The fees are about 10% (5% from Kickstarter, 5% from Amazon for processing the money).

Hey Jim... Hate to ask this but for those of who did the boxed set option... any chance we can get a slipcase cover for all 5 or something?

thanks and congratulations again.

I will look into that but I'm not making any promises. As Chuck said, they are quite expensive.

Thanks again to everyone who got on board! Really looking forward to getting this release out there. I think you're going to love the sound, too. I've been working very hard the last four years since 2008's Groovadelphia to refine my humble home studio. I think this recording is my best in terms of engineering. The drums sound fantastic and I'm finally happy with how I captured the Leslie. Guitar is easy. :)