Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they don't charge the card until the order "ships", the date should not be relevant, correct? That's the whole point of pre-ordering an item that's back-ordered, I would think.

Email sent to the info@ inbox. Hoping to get another clear and concise answer from Fred. What I don't want to hear is that, well, your order is so old that we lost your CC info, it's been deleted. That would be really sucky, sucky and scary.

I don't expect to hear that, but the initial optics of this are not immediately reassuring.

Currently 10 of Mosaic's 25 remaining large set offerings are winding down - 7 in Running Low and 3 in the Last Chance Category.  The Turrentine is still listed as on back order, as is the JPJ - though I thought that was back in stock.  Only one set is on the way.  FWIW, on January 6 there were 34 big sets on offer

With 40% of their offerings being phased out - that seems to indicate that either they are closing their doors when current pressings and the one future set are sold out.  Or they are changing their business model to dramatically reduce offerings and manage re-pressings more effectively - meaning sets will be available for shorter periods of time.  Reduced inventory and a more compressed sales period certainly means less sales.  Perhaps that can me offset by lower overhead?

On 12/08/2017 at 5:14 AM, sidewinder said:

I put in an order about a week ago - no email acknowledgement at time of the order and nothing since. Unusual..

Just heard from Scott that they are awaiting more JPJ set collations at the warehouse, due next week, before my order goes out. Issue sorted !

Edited by sidewinder

1 hour ago, mikeweil said:

I seriously consider ordering the JPJ set from Mosaic if Jazz Messengers do not stock it again. I will send them an e-mail about this. That's one not to be missed!

I asked Jazz Messengers about it last month and they told me they would order the JPJ (and the Clifford Jordan). However, they're on a summer break until the end of August and didn't expect to get new stock until September.

Edited by J.A.W.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, Scott Dolan said:

Seriously?! 

I was honestly going to order it this evening...

Scott, while the Herman Select is no longer available directly from Mosaic, I did see a couple on Ebay last night. One for $69.99 and another for $79.95. Depends how badly you want it I suppose. I have this set and and it's very good.

Edited by Tom 1960

9 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

I'm temped too, and in retrospect I should have gotten one with the Bee-Hive box I ordered back in May.

That one (Herman. Select) forms a very good combo with the 'Woody's Winners' Mosaic Single CD, sadly also OOP.

Edited by sidewinder

On 22.8.2017 at 3:59 PM, miles65 said:

The Joe Pass set is now oop.

Jazz Messengers still have it listed, I got my copy from them a few weeks ago.

They e-mailed me that they will stock the James P. Johnson set once more, given that Mosaic can send them one more batch. 

• 3 weeks later...

The MJQ is the only thing I'm tempted by, though at 7CD's (seemingly 14 albums of material), I think it's easily probably twice as much MJQ material as I'll ever need.

Mulling it over, but the Bee-Hive box I got back in May might well be the last ever 'new' Mosaic set I ever buy (unless they surprise me with a brand new release or two in the coming years).

16 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

The MJQ is the only thing I'm tempted by, though at 7CD's (seemingly 14 albums of material), I think it's easily probably twice as much MJQ material as I'll ever need.

It is a much more varied set than you might think due to the different approaches John Lewis applied to each studio album. Almost no repetition of tunes, which is totally the opposite with the live albums. 

But I can send you a list of the single CDs I have for sale now that I have the box ... ;)