MLB 2013 Season

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For a game/series/whatever where I have no like of either team and harbor active strains of dislike for both (albeit for totally different reasons), I just watch and let instinct take over. I find myself instinctively pulling for the Red Sox, not to win, but to beat the Cardinals, beat them into a bloody red(bird) pulp, and then let's all go home, wash our hands, have hot cocoa and warm feelings, and then forget about it all.

There is only one Evil Empire and it lives in the Bronx. The Dodgers may or may not aspire to their own Empire of Evil but the concept that the Red Sox have done what the Yankees habitually did is exceptionally ignorant of reality.

God willing, the Sox will shortly be champions again.

Yet, I can't help but get a real kick out of the unbelievably clutch performance of Big Papi who obviously has a lot of fun playing this game.

He is hitting .733 in this Series. That puts him in second place for all-time batting average in a single Series, behind only Billy Hatcher's .750 in the 1990 Series. Hatcher only had 15 plate appearances as opposed to Ortiz's 20 (and counting). Unreal.

Condolences to the fans of the Cardinals. Can't leave 9 people on base and expect to win.

Congratulations to the World Champions and their fans. First WS win in Fenway since 1918.

P.S. It's on once again next year!

P.P.S. The amount of texts, and emails from family and friends was crazy during the game. Now that they won....

Edited by Blue Train

Pitchers and catchers report in about 110 days. Just sayin' ...

Important dates.

Everyone that is eligible to become a free agents becomes one today.

Nov. 4th. Qualifying offers can be made to a team's free agents. Also option decisions can start.

Nov. 5th. Free agents can sign with any team.

Nov. 11 - Last day to accept or decline qualifying offer.

Nov. 11-13 - GM/Owners meeting

Nov. 18 - Yankees related date - Mr April's appeal hearing restarts.

Dec. 2. - Final day to offer arbitration to players who are eligible.

Dec 9. - 40 Man roster finalized for Rule 5 Draft

Dec 9-12 - Winter meetings

Dec 12 - Rule 5 Draft

Edited by Blue Train

You would think this being the third one that the fans wouldn't end up rioting and flipping cars.

P.S. Now that they got rid of the last part of The Curse of Bambino with a win @ Fenway.

I think your portrayal of the after-game response is misleading. The only "fans" I know of that created disturbances were students at UMass and at a college in New Hampshire. Nothing happened outside of Fenway or in the surrounding areas.

You would think this being the third one that the fans wouldn't end up rioting and flipping cars.

P.S. Now that they got rid of the last part of The Curse of Bambino with a win @ Fenway.

I think your portrayal of the after-game response is misleading. The only "fans" I know of that created disturbances were students at UMass and at a college in New Hampshire. Nothing happened outside of Fenway or in the surrounding areas.

Not my portrayal. The media's....and reporting of it going on around Fenway Park and other Universities in the NE area.

BX4bkyiCYAAqNI4.jpg

https://twitter.com/abtran/status/395784136385785856/photo/1

Edited by Blue Train

I stand corrected. I saw nothing when I searched the local news outlets. I agree it's foolish to celebrate success with destruction.

I don't get it either myself....especially those @ universities that really are not even in Boston, or MA for that matter. They had to use rubber bullets on top of pepper spray @ U of New Hampshire after they were throwing things @ the cops. Talk about stupid as hell.

Destroying property over $250, or if it's a car is a felony and throwing things @ cops is a bit more than your usual basic disorderly conduct charge.

Edited by Blue Train

Mr. April and his lawyers couldn't even wait 24 hours after the World Series to end. After wanting the MLBPA member to off the arbitration...and going off on Selig and pretty much everyone.

Whomever one of his delusional lawyers wrote this statement:

"I am deeply troubled by my team's investigative findings with respect to MLB's conduct," Rodriguez said in a statement released through his spokesman. "How can the gross, ongoing misconduct of the MLB investigations division not be relevant to my suspension, when my suspension supposedly results directly from that division's work?

"It is sad that Commissioner Selig once again is turning a blind eye, knowing that crimes are being committed under his regime. I have 100% faith in my legal team. To be sure, this fight is necessary to protect me, but it also serves the interests of the next 18-year-old coming into the league, to be sure he doesn't step into the house of horrors that I am being forced to walk through."

The COO of MLB who made a mistake of making this statement. He's one of the three on the hearing Mr. April's appeal.

"This latest, sad chapter in Mr. Rodriguez's tarnished career is yet another example of this player trying to avoid taking responsibility for his poor choices. Given the disappointing acts that Mr. Rodriguez has repeatedly made throughout his career, his expressed concern for young people rings very hollow. Mr. Rodriguez's use of PEDs was longer and more pervasive than any other player, and when this process is complete, the facts will prove that it is Mr. Rodriguez and his representatives who have engaged in ongoing, gross misconduct."

Mr. April's amazingly full of shit lawyer. Really read this shit.

"Alex did not use PEDs (editing this this in....I guess he means beside when he admitted he did?) and Rob Manfred knows it. The fact that Manfred has committed so zealously to prosecuting Alex for offenses he knows he did not commit is why he persistently attacks Alex's character with baseless, cowardly allegations.

"With today's statements, Manfred clearly has hit a new level of desperation. He knows what his sworn testimony was on the subject of his and Commissioner Selig's approach to PEDs being dealt to children, and MLB's willingness to turn a blind eye to such criminal misconduct in support of its quest to get Alex. He knows he cannot run from his testimony forever. It will follow him the rest of his career -- however long that may be -- and he knows it is indefensible. Once it inevitably becomes public through other legal proceedings, he will have to answer for that.

"Rob Manfred has gone so far over the line with his latest slanderous attack against Alex (which presumably was approved by Commissioner Selig) that we demand the other two arbitration panel members immediately remove Manfred from the panel hearing Alex's appeal. Indeed, we do not see how he can continue to hold any position of responsibility within Major League Baseball. But we will leave that to the conscience and judgment of the owners within the league."

MLB's response to that....

"Mr. Tacopina's latest rant is so delusional it doesn't warrant a response," the statement said. "The fact that Mr. Tacopina has now asked for two of the three panel members (edited in by me: they also asked for the MLBPA representative on to be removed. You can't make that up!) to be recused tells you everything you need to know."

Me:

This is all headed to court, but outside of a precedent setting injunction....he will still be suspended for however amount of games until a judge rules on it.

Over/under if the MLB countersues Mr. April?

P.S. Once again....not even 24 hours. If only he had a someone willing to be paid to go to jail for years for not telling the truth like Barroid did.

Edited by Blue Train