MLB 2013 Season

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best case scenario:

Mr. April is suspended (in essence for life) 211 games. Frees up $86 million over the next 4-years.

They make Jeter DH.

Resign Cano to 5-6 years and move him to 3rd. He plays longer and it helps the team.

They resign Brendan Ryan and put him @ short. He really can't hit, but is a much better defensive shortstop than Jeter. There is also Stephen Drew, or Jhonny Peralta.

That leaves 2nd open. Omar Infante?....miracle trade with Cleveland, which won't happen....the guy in the minors really isn't ready.

Edited by Blue Train

For some reason there are many that think giving an extra $2.5 million to someone who not only wasn't a free agent, but really didn't need it, and doesn't deserve it @ this point to be a great move....all the while the team is trying to get under the $189 million level...while rebuilding....and they have no idea what the final ruling (which might not happen until January...which by that time anyone worth having would have been signed) will be for Mr. April....and there is Cano, etc....

Right now if Mr. April comes back and they resign Cano and the usual arbitration raises....they're looking @ around $40-$50 million to sign 10 other players and stay under the $189 million.

Resetting the luxury tax from 50% (as in, $94.5 million @ the very least given to teams who are really not interested in winning, but making money.) back to 17.5% is the long term benefit. A few years of they're not penciled in as favorites is fine.....puts them in position for Trout, and/or Harper among others @ the same time. Also allows them to get the farm system back actually being a farm system.

Edited by Blue Train

fan injured by hot dog suing royals------

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/11/01/fan-injured-by-hot-dog-suing-royals/

"Coomer, of Overland Park, Kan., says he was injured at a September 2009 Royals game when the team’s lion mascot, Sluggerrr, threw a 4-ounce, foil-wrapped wiener into the stands that struck his eye. He had to have two surgeries — one to repair a detached retina and the other to remove a cataract that developed and implant an artificial lens. Coomer’s vision is worse now than before he was hurt and he has paid roughly $4,800 in medical costs, said his attorney, Robert Tormohlen."

"Coomer, of Overland Park, Kan., says he was injured at a September 2009 Royals game when the team’s lion mascot, Sluggerrr, threw a 4-ounce, foil-wrapped wiener into the stands that struck his eye. He had to have two surgeries — one to repair a detached retina and the other to remove a cataract that developed and implant an artificial lens. Coomer’s vision is worse now than before he was hurt and he has paid roughly $4,800 in medical costs, said his attorney, Robert Tormohlen."

Way past suing....it's @ the State's Supreme Court!

With the previous cases about mascots....I can see him winning.

Way past suing....it's @ the State's Supreme Court!

With the previous cases about mascots....I can see him winning.

thx

When is Big Poppy going to be enshrined in the PED HOF?

38 year old guy making a mockery of the best pitchers in the game; absolutely raking in the playoffs turning around 95+ heat like it was nuthin'

He's been the darling of both the fans & the press, and has gotten a pass for the shit he's done beyond practically anyone else with a big name by far!

The first thing that came to mind last night was "eat your heart out Carl Crawford ya whiny ass bitch!"

:g

I was thinking about that trade the other day. How did it work out for the Dodgers? Did those high-salaried guys they got from the Red Sox help them finish first?

Like I said back when it happened....it was a terrible trade. Boston should send a ring to Ned Colletti for making the trade. Those players still on Boston and their season would probably would have been around the same as last year.

They gave the Dodgers a combined total of 7 wins above replacement for $58+ million....and they're not going to improve with age. I can see the Dodgers eventually trading them in next couple years and having to eat a good portion of their contracts to get anyone to take them.

Edited by Blue Train

Pathetic what happened during the parade. Even a God Bless America and USA chant. Couldn't they have @ least used Ortiz, or Lester (as in, the two main reasons they won) instead of the Caucasian with the Jeb Stuart?

P.S. It's Boston....but really amazing the complete lack of color anywhere on the parade. Hey, @ least Uehara was allowed to sing God Bless America.

It's where is Waldo thing if they're not on the team.

Edited by Blue Train

38 year old guy making a mockery of the best pitchers in the game; absolutely raking in the playoffs turning around 95+ heat like it was nuthin'

He's been the darling of both the fans & the press, and has gotten a pass for the shit he's done beyond practically anyone else with a big name by far!

Maybe he's just that good.

Or is PEDs the only answer?

Yankees jealous hate knows no bounds, apparently. A-Roid and Giambi [perhaps Jeter?] are shinning examples of PEDs. But they are New York Yankees players. They don't count.

Sad.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Maybe he's just that good.

Or is PEDs the only answer?

Yankees jealous hate knows no bounds, apparently.

Sad.

Last I heard he's a Giants' fan, but not a homer that defends juicers.

Edited by Blue Train

ONE guy.

And you have an issue? Pssh.

The Yankees bought and paid for WS wins irrespective of PEDs. Give back all those WS wins and AL East championships then.

Amazing.

I really should have learned by now to quote your posts.

You can be sure every single thing you direct towards me will be quoted from this point on....so you can't go back and edit out your embarrassments/insults, and edit in other things.

Edited by Blue Train

Thank you for reminding me why I don't converse with you or Schwartz...on any level.

What was I thinking.

My bad.

Insulting him and me is now classified under "converse"? ....and he hasn't even posted a single response to your insult/posts. As in, he hasn't even posted a single thing in almost 23 hours and counting in this thread.

P.S. Is everyone supposed to forget your posts about the Mitchell report , Red Sox and Ortiz as part of your continuous homer defense of Barroid?

This one happened only just how many months ago?

"I'll believe when I see it.

Braun got a free pass in his "MVP" year from Selig. The Mitchell report completely excluded all BoSox players because the author was a BoSox fan. Why should we expect Selig will actually be fair this time?

This whole PEDs thing is a big bunch of selective bullshit."

Then they're all your posts about Ortiz in defense of Barroid....and there are so many of them. Just the tip of the iceberg.

I am only picking them from this thread just because you can't go back an edit out things in this thread....like you did tonight.

P.P.S. Something to remember in the future when dealing with me for you and anyone else....You can pull off what you do with others....but don't do it with someone that doesn't forget anything he reads.

800px-CheckmateProper.jpg

Translation:

Checkmate!

Edited by Blue Train

The first thing that came to mind last night was "eat your heart out Carl Crawford ya whiny ass bitch!"

I was thinking about that trade the other day. How did it work out for the Dodgers? Did those high-salaried guys they got from the Red Sox help them finish first?

Adrian Gonzalez was his usual strong self; Crawford was hurt and mostly just OK and Beckett was terrible then lost to season-ending surgery. Gonzalez was the prize of the pick and Crawford is now officially an over-priced platoon outfielder with a ridiculous contract. Beckett if I am not mistaken is actually under contract for just one more year. If not it can't be longer than two more years.

On the other hand, none of the prospects had an impact this season. If they turn out to be stars, and two of the pitchers are on the cusp of the majors, then it becomes a more uneven trade.

Adrian Gonzalez was his usual strong self; Crawford was hurt and mostly just OK and Beckett was terrible then lost to season-ending surgery. Gonzalez was the prize of the pick and Crawford is now officially an over-priced platoon outfielder with a ridiculous contract. Beckett if I am not mistaken is actually under contract for just one more year. If not it can't be longer than two more years.

On the other hand, none of the prospects had an impact this season. If they turn out to be stars, and two of the pitchers are on the cusp of the majors, then it becomes a more uneven trade.

Come on, 7 games above replacement for $58+ million. Forget it's your team and they just won the WS....you honestly think that if they were still there....there would be any celebrating @ all?...and they're not getting any younger.

Edited by Blue Train

I think it was a good move for the BoSox. It opened up a few spots on the roster and ultimately won a WS for them.

The Dodgers, OTOH, got Gonzalez but not much else for those millions they spent.

How I wish the Giants would have picked him up when he was a free agent coming from the Pads.