MLB 2013 Season

Having family in Wisconsin, I was shocked when the Braves moved to Atlanta. I was 12. I can also and vividly remember Hank Aaron's HR to beat the Babe. I even had Aaron's baseball card in my long since gone collection.

Unfortunately, I never got to watch him play in person. Sadly, the game is no longer a fan oriented sport. It is just another business.

Edited by GoodSpeak

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Dodgers are planning a Babe Ruth bobblehead day. WTF? They basically hired him to show up in a uniform in 1938....and while being a base coach he wasn't allowed to relay any signals.

I thought Trout was robbed last year because he was a rookie....this year it could have gone either way with Cabrera, but still think Trout should have won. Playing on a losing teams hurts you in the votes. Andrew McCutchen was a given.

Just hope Trout & Harper hold out to be a free agent.

Edited by Blue Train

Phillies give Carlos Ruiz 3 years for $26 million....which is double what anyone else was reported to have offered. That's just stupid.

Wally Joyner & Mick Billmeyer (ironic with the Ruiz signing) and Omar Vizquel signed to coach with the Tigers.

Yankees are giving Brendan Ryan 1 year @ a whopping $2 million.

Tim Hudson.... Yet another drunken sailor signing of pitcher no one even attempted to sign. They just took the pin out of his 38-year-old ankle (he will be 39 in July) in the last few weeks. What was the rush? He was a 8-7 and 3.97 in 21 starts on a much better team before the ugly injury which resulted in the breaking of his his ankle. A WAR of 3 is needed for this idiotic deal to even break even..... would really hate to be a fan of a team with this pitching staff.

Like the Yankees did with Mr. April.....I will never get the whole bidding against yourself thing.

P.S. Apparently the Yankees are going to do a Andy Pettitte on Cano, which I agree with. See my comments about Mr. April.

Edited by Blue Train

How do you know? Maybe the Mets are making to look a big splash.

Also, perhaps Jay Z is just trying to send the Yankees a message. Randy Levine said they're not meeting his demands.

Once again.....they're doing exactly what they did with Andy Pettitte. The Yankees know he has no real other options @ even the offer they gave him. Jay-Z has screwed the pooch. They will move on once other big names start signing (Levine has even stated it publicly, which they didn't do with Pettitte.)....while @ the same time lowering whatever offer to Cano.

"We're not waiting around," Levine said. "If guys start to come off the board, we're going to sign them, which will affect the amount of money we have left for other players including [Cano]."

They learned their lesson with Mr. April.

Edited by Blue Train

How do you know? Maybe the Mets are making to look a big splash.

Also, perhaps Jay Z is just trying to send the Yankees a message. Randy Levine said they're not meeting his demands.

The Mets don't have $$ to sign Cano unless they plug their holes with some AAA players. They need a shortstop, a corner outfielder, a healthy catcher, some bullpen help(Hawkins is gone for $2.5mil and that blew away the Mets offer!), a starting pitcher, etc. $30mil won't buy much this offseason, if the Marlon Byrd contract is a template for the other free agent signings.

Edited by PHILLYQ

Marlon Byrd is hardly a template. The Phillies overpaid at $8 million per for a 36 year old. Mets have a catcher and although Hawkins had a nice stint as a closer he was nothing special in other roles an terrible the year before with the Angels. They got lucky with him. Bullpen help can always be located.

Is Cano realistic? No, but they do have plenty of money freed up. It will just depend on Sandy and his master plan.

• 2 weeks later...