Black Lion Pressing Errors?

Justin V

I stumbled upon Blues in Thirds by Earl Hines at a shop a few days ago. When I went to listen to it, I discovered that it was a '60s pop compilation. It's not that the clerk put the wrong CD in the case, as the CD is stamped as being the Earl Hines album. The shop is far enough away where I'd spend more in gas than I'd be refunded, so I'm stuck with it. Has anyone encountered this problem with Black Lion CDs? The album appears to unavailable via mp3, and I'd be more than a little hesitant to buy it again.

I bought Trane's Ascension (the 2 cd version) and one of the CDs was Glen Campbell! Printing on disc said Ascension.

It led to an interesting conversation in the wee used shop in south London where he was saying "is that not how its supposed to sound" so we put on the other disc so he could see it wasn't the same.

Thank god it was a double or he might have thought that was how Trane sounded and refused the refund...

As it was I left with a couple of other things of which Newks Time was one and he said to take Ascension too if I wanted it (I think the music horrified him)

I bought Trane's Ascension (the 2 cd version) and one of the CDs was Glen Campbell! Printing on disc said Ascension.

It led to an interesting conversation in the wee used shop in south London where he was saying "is that not how its supposed to sound" so we put on the other disc so he could see it wasn't the same.

Thank god it was a double or he might have thought that was how Trane sounded and refused the refund...

As it was I left with a couple of other things of which Newks Time was one and he said to take Ascension too if I wanted it (I think the music horrified him)

Really nice story! :D

MG