Speakeasy Jazzcorner Forums Shutting Down July 1

BeBop

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to see the opinions of this board on the JC thread that is linked in this thread.

In particular one poster who belongs to both boards, who seems to particularly bash the O board, and yet posts and argues here constantly, and has done so for quite some time. If that person dislikes this board as much as he seems to indicate, it amazes me that he has continued to choose to be a part of this community.

True colors, I guess.

Funny part is that none of the folks being referred to as newbies are really even newbies. They just didn't use this as their primary JAzz BBS. Blue Train has the most recent sign up date and that was three years ago. (thelil) might be the newest regular poster, but he's had an account here for 6 years.

Yeah, I just checked and I joined here in June of 2003. I did read this board regularly for a while.

Geez, we're just having a bit of fun with this on both boards. Not sure why a few people seem to be taking it so seriously. It's all in good fun. First of all, we're just getting used to the idea of the JC forum getting yanked after all of these years. The news is still fresh and it's not like we're going to go on about it forever. People should try to be patient. Some of the people from JC that have just started posting here recently will become assimilated and follow the rules around here like good boys and girls and I'm positive that this board will be better for it.

It's interesting to see the opinions of this board on the JC thread that is linked in this thread.

In particular one poster who belongs to both boards, who seems to particularly bash the O board, and yet posts and argues here constantly, and has done so for quite some time. If that person dislikes this board as much as he seems to indicate, it amazes me that he has continued to choose to be a part of this community.

True colors, I guess.

If I may, and as a member since 2004, the nature of those posts are pure fiction at best. Sadly, the poster in question was gleefully involved in the character assassinations, threats and ugliness you would be amazed to read on any internet forum. More to the point, he actually believes what he writes.

The individual you speak of who posts in both places has spent much of his time deriding Organissimo on that JC thread. I think that's being more than a little disingenuous.

I think you are spot on, Aggie.

Yeah, I just checked and I joined here in June of 2003. I did read this board regularly for a while.

Geez, we're just having a bit of fun with this on both boards. Not sure why a few people seem to be taking it so seriously. It's all in good fun. First of all, we're just getting used to the idea of the JC forum getting yanked after all of these years. The news is still fresh and it's not like we're going to go on about it forever. People should try to be patient. Some of the people from JC that have just started posting here recently will become assimilated and follow the rules around here like good boys and girls and I'm positive that this board will be better for it.

I guess it all depends on your definition of "fun".

And - no more "finger-pointing", in any direction, about who said what where.

The internets are freely readable to all with internetage, so anybody who really wants to know who said what where can go read it there - and respond to it there.

Not here.

On to more compelling matters - I'm still wondering - why three people? If I could count the number of times I've been stuck at two or had to pare back to three from four, I could count to many numbers, believe me.

Well yeah, of course. There's an album cover for every occasion! And a picture is worth a thousand words.

On a really good day here, you can get both, so, what is that 2-for-1? Or 50& off, if you like simple math.

simple-math-300x300.jpg

When you have a good memory, as I do about certain stuff, it's easy to forget how much you still forget. Since the JC board is going away, I was looking through some stuff I wanted to save, including a very old humor thread (I forget if it was "Ask steve(thelil)" or another one that I ran my mouth off on)

. Anyway,on that OLD thread, I noticed a frequent and funny contributor who from an identical or VERY similar handle I recognized as being the artist who posts here as Jsngry. It was a name I recognized from this week on Organissimo, but had no recollection of from Jazz Corner. Small world. HOWEVER, Since it was an archived JC thread, it is possible that he posted under a DIFFERENT alias, but whose real name showed on the archives. (I know that has happened)

Edited by steve(thelil)

Well yeah, of course. There's an album cover for every occasion! And a picture is worth a thousand words.

On a really good day here, you can get both, so, what is that 2-for-1? Or 50& off, if you like simple math.

simple-math-300x300.jpg

When you have a good memory, as I do about certain stuff, it's easy to forget how much you still forget. Since the JC board is going away, I was looking through some stuff I wanted to save, including a very old humor thread (I forget if it was "Ask steve(thelil)" or another one that I ran my mouth off on)

. Anyway,on that OLD thread, I noticed a frequent and funny contributor who from an identical or VERY similar handle I recognized as being the artist who posts here as Jsngry. It was a name I recognized from this week on Organissimo, but had no recollection of from Jazz Corner. Small world. HOWEVER, Since it was an archived JC thread, it is possible that he posted under a DIFFERENT alias, but whose real name showed on the archives. (I know that has happened)

I think I went by Jim Sangrey there. That was when I was still thinking that I could have a career in " creative music" by positing on the Internet all day on every site possible and playing a few local gigs a week, and have a happy stable home life by taking the kids to/from school & by positing on the Internet all day on every site possible,& by letting my wife worry about such trivialities as making money and keeping the house clean and fixing most of the non-fast food meals we ate.

I'm sure there's a way to make that a winning combination, but it eventually became apparent to me that choices would have to be made, down would have to be pared, so...still got the wife (she's much happier now, as am I), still got one site to call "home", and,,,here we are.

simple-math-300x300.jpg

I think I went by Jim Sangrey there. That was when I was still thinking that I could have a career in " creative music" by positing on the Internet all day on every site possible and playing a few local gigs a week, and have a happy stable home life by taking the kids to/from school & by positing on the Internet all day on every site possible,& by letting my wife worry about such trivialities as making money and keeping the house clean and fixing most of the non-fast food meals we ate.

I'm sure there's a way to make that a winning combination, but it eventually became apparent to me that choices would have to be made, down would have to be pared, so...still got the wife (she's much happier now, as am I), still got one site to call "home", and,,,here we are.

Maybe this will bring back memories...Good stuff.

http://speakeasy.jazzcorner.com/speakeasyarchive/thread.php?forumid=16585

Edited by steve(thelil)

simple-math-300x300.jpg

Maybe this will bring back memories...Good stuff.

http://speakeasy.jazzcorner.com/speakeasyarchive/thread.php?forumid=16585

Wow, that was...a long time ago...I'm surprised anybody would remember that. Nice that you did. Thanks!

Fascinating stuff in these links from Steve and Pete. JimS, those comments from Dennis Gonzalez (I have a number of his Silkheart CDs that I love) about your playing on his Littlle Toot LP ("Hymn for Sam Rivers) are way cool. I never would have known about this otherwise. I'll do a search for this if it's even available.

Fascinating stuff in these links from Steve and Pete. JimS, those comments from Dennis Gonzalez (I have a number of his Silkheart CDs that I love) about your playing on his Littlle Toot LP ("Hymn for Sam Rivers) are way cool. I never would have known about this otherwise. I'll do a search for this if it's even available.

You can find out from Dennis himself, I would think.