Top 10 American chain burgers

I think they're pretty good. As I noted above, I always order the "little" hamburger or cheeseburger, the regular is two patties and I don't like that much meat on a burger. They always cook their meat well, and have tasty buns and toppings. And peanuts in the shell to eat while waiting!

If you're hungry Five Guys is a good value. You can add so many toppings to your burger that the excess can be a nice side salad. And my wife and I have trouble finishing the huge bag of fries. After those rare times we eat there I do take a low dose aspirin when I get home. :-)

I've had burgers at 7 of the 10 "chains" mentioned in this article (I'm somewhat saddened by this). Shake Shack, although good, should be nowhere near the top of this list.

If one were to look at the ratio of price-to-deliciousness, I think In-N-Out probably takes the title. I love 5 Guys, but the price is a bit steep (great fries, though!). Forget about Umami and their price... hell, they shouldn't even be on this list as they are more a "restaurant" rather than a "chain."

Is it fortuitous or sad that I live within 20 miles of 5 of the top 10 chains on this list? My arteries can't decide...

5 Guys is a local chain exploding to national (and, reading this topic, now international). They were very good when they started, but I found the ones nearest me are too greasy, and I got tired of stumbling all over the discarded peanut shells on the floor. I prefer Elevation Burger in Falls Church.