AAJ forums

7/4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A welder! Wow, I can imagine it being useful for your sculptures. Well I hope you'll still remember I'll always love to see how you are getting on in the process. I've so much enjoyed that in the past. I've dug up an old painter's easel which was once my brother's and am thinking about trying out some aquarelle and wax crayon. Nothing much, just want to see whether I can do something with it.

Yes, welcome to the forum!

I don't know what the deal is with the AAJ forums, but it's really sad.

For me, that was the first forum I discovered while getting into jazz (I was more a reader than an active poster though), but in recent times I visited it less and less. The way they made the forum almost impossible to find from the main page of the AAJ website, and the way they just seem to refuse to communicate to the members when the forum is down (again), really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I find it a disdain for you're audience, and it does make me feel that the forum users are not really welcome over there. It would be nice if some more members would cross over to this board, because there where some users who always had some nice recommendations on new releases (like Alphyus, Robmid, DDS Chicago, etc.).

It would be nice if some more members would cross over to this board, because there where some users who always had some nice recommendations on new releases (like Alphyus, Robmid, DDS Chicago, etc.).

If you happen to know these folks email addresses, I would be more than happy to extend an invite to join us here. Not a problem on this end.

Welcome to the board, HB Elroy.

I came over from AAJ a few years back and haven't missed it (tbh I got fed up with all the linked AAJ reviews, often by just one person - it seemed to have become just plugging the main site in so many threads).

I recognise the ID's in Niels post from some time back and it would be good to see them over here.

Not to single people out too much (as i'm sure we'd be forgetting some other cool regulars) but i'd really like to see Hutchfan and Walkin' (sp) over here. I don't think that it would hurt to have any of the AAJ regulars from the last few years that i can think of join here... all in all a good bunch.

Thanks again, all. Page - please share your work when you get up and running with that easel. 'Would love to see it :)

Niels and mj - I know exactly what you both mean. I've had quite similar thoughts. I don't mean to pile on AAJ - some very good people over there, both behind the scenes and on the forums. Mike's done a lot of good things on the main site, and that's clearly where his focus has been. Unfortunately, the board hasn't been a priority, and it's suffered. The lack of communication has been a burr in my side, as well. A switch was long in the making . . .

'Would definitely love to see some of the names mentioned make their way over here. This seems like a very good board, with a lot of knowledgeable folks. 'Appreciate, again, the welcome!

Back a while we had Jazz Corner, All about Jazz and the Blue Note board. The BN board imploded and Organissimo forum was created by Jim Alfredson. Some of the BN folks tried JC and AAJ but settled here. Now Organissimo seems to be the last outpost for this kind of thing. Hope we can keep it going.

Anyone remember Jazz Central Station?

Edited by Chuck Nessa