AAJ forums

7/4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Evered hasn't been at Blue Note for a long time (2006). Mark might still be at Verve though.

for me the people (Tom and Mark) would be interesting beyond their roles as "suits".

I was referring to someone asking for tomatbluenote. If Tom ever came here, he would certainly not use that moniker. :)

But I doubt he would ever come here. He preferred classical music. He told me he enjoyed managing the Angel/EMI classical stuff more than he did the Jazz from Blue Note.

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

I sent an email to a long time moderator of the All About Jazz Forum yesterday. He replied that he stopped being a moderator and does not know why the forum is down now.

The All About Jazz Forum has been down in the past for some period of time, due to technical difficulties of one kind or another. Then it has come back up again. So I think that no one really knows what is going on this time, yet.

Thanks JohnS.

While I'm here, a quick update: the book on TH is out next March, which means from conception to publication will have taken eleven years! I really hope everyone finds it worth the wait.

I've already pre ordered my copy. The draft I've read is terrific and I'm really looking forward to having the finished book in my hands!

It would be cool if TomatBlueNote showed up here.

You know, when I discovered the BNBB I first thought that moniker was some weird reference to tomatoes.

I thought so just now :g

MG

:)

Were you there back then, or did you join "the community" here at O?

I joined here, after finding out (not easily) about this place at AAJ.

MG

• 2 weeks later...

I sent an email to a long time moderator of the All About Jazz Forum yesterday. He replied that he stopped being a moderator and does not know why the forum is down now.

The All About Jazz Forum has been down in the past for some period of time, due to technical difficulties of one kind or another. Then it has come back up again. So I think that no one really knows what is going on this time, yet.

the forum's owner has publicly stated on several occasions that they would really rather not have a BB on their site. It doesn't surprise me that it is not available at this time, and I wonder if it ever will be again.

imo, no great loss, at least, not the way it's been for the past several years, though there is a lot of archived material there that's worth recovering. I wonder if it will ever be available again. (Sad to see it all go.)

Edited by seeline

After seeing an older and not-very-in-depth review of a Noah Howard CD with the pianist's name misspelled ("Kakashi" instead of Takashi Kako - not that hard to look up), my suspicions about AAJ's continued pointlessness were confirmed. What a waste of internet space... though I'm glad it's a gateway for people to come over here where the water's a bit warmer.

There are not that many Jazz forums out there in internetland that anyone should be happy to lose one. I've been a member of this one and AAJ for some time and although I don't post very often I read them every day, and I view my fellow posters on both boards as friends I haven't met.

So please don't be mean spirited about AAJ many of the posters over there (and here) have recommended artists and albums that have greatly increased my listening pleasure in the music that I have loved for over 50 years.

Yes, Ray, thank you for those comments. I found that in the past few years, the All About Jazz forum had very good discussions about newly released jazz albums, music being performed and recorded right now. I learned a lot from those discussions. There was nothing negative or controversial being posted on that board that I noticed, in the past few years. So I do not understand why anyone is mean spirited about AAJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Since I'm another AAJ refugee, I thought I'd introduce myself in this thread.

I'm happy to join y'all over here. I've really missed having the opportunity to chat with fellow jazz-lovers about the music.

I look forward to listening in, learning, and occasionally joining the conversation. :)