NBA 2013-2014

uli

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this started in Detroit where a guy would shout at the top of his lungs DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!

Now it seems that in quite a few arenas they have the 2nd P.A. announcer [besides the one that calls the fouls etc.] the SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS guy who I guess is supposed to fire up the crowd and get them to make noise.

Flipped back & forth tonight 2 very entertaining games Houston at Dallas and Memphis visiting Golden State. Both games the SCREAMER was hard at work in both places.

I was thinking to take in a couple of games and decided against it; noise levels like this are not what I want going to a game on top of the normal crowd noise. Music while the ball is coming up the court. Tunes blaring when they go to the foul line...WTF?

What's with all excessive noise crap in the Association?

Edited by Mike Schwartz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Headline in the Cleveland Plain Dealer today after last nights loss to the Knicks: "CAVS rotten to the core in the Big Apple". And this from the same article: "This team [the Cavs] is unwatchable. Better basketball is being played in high school gyms all over Northeast Ohio." Brutal summary but very true. Any great player we may have will leave when they can and no great player will want to play for this organization.

• 2 months later...

I read the other day that this is the first time in league history that the Celtics, the Lakers and the Knicks have all missed the playoffs.

In the West all my favorites made it. Blazers, Warriors, OKC and Memphis

In the East only my Bulls and Miami made it. Knicks and Celtics not. I may have to replace Boston with the Wizards next year.

• 1 month later...

SA kicked Miami's azz

Gotta give them some credit

A no name wins Finals MVP

Hope Duncan & Popazit retire

SA kept moving the ball around on offense and when they had a wide open shooter they made them at a ridiculous rate. Their bench was far superior to Miami's. LBJ needs some help, he's not Superman.

I'm not allowed to feel warmth towards the Spurs, they got the Turtlehead AND that fucking wife-cheatering frog Tony Parker (hey, that Eva Longoria was a good woman, a GOOD woman, how you do her all wrong like that, asshole? You don't deserve nothin' on your genitals but algae = funky itchy stanky algae of an unknown but unmistakeable hue - for the rest of your life for that), and the whole "Coach Pop" thing gets on my nerves as does Cousin Balki, what's his name, Manute Chernobyl, so yeah, I'm a Spurhater but DAMN, that was some LOL stuff.

Hats off to ya', old annoying fucks, hats off to ya'! Still hatin', but fullest props are due.

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be interesting to see who the Heat try to add. Norris Cole is the only player under contract at the moment, and there's been some trade talk with him, too. My guess is James/Wade/Bosh all come back, and Haslem opted out as well - something he would definitely not do if he was operating under raw financial logic (that is, he's going to take a moderate pay cut and stay rather than leave and take a huge pay cut - or opt in and be a salary cap albatross). Mario Chalmers has to be on the chopping block after those playoffs (not terribly fair but probably they were looking to upgrade anyway). Battier is gone. Ray Allen's future is very unclear. I think Chris Andersen is probably going to cash in somewhere else - and it's not clear if his body is starting to break down at 35.

Deeper into the rotation, James Jones has reportedly been willing to sign for very little to stay. Toney Douglas is probably gone. Michael Beasley could have been huge if he'd learned to play defense, but because he didn't, he is likely gone too - although Rashard Lewis seems to have taken a full year to absorb the defensive scheme, so who knows. Greg Oden, no idea whatsoever, considering he was extremely rusty when he played.

So the rotation looks like:

1 Norris Cole

2 Wade (though he really should come off the bench if his knees are going to behave as badly as they did this year)

3 James

4 Haslem (for now anyway)

5 Bosh

...with the next guys off the bench being Shabazz Muhammad, Rashard Lewis(!), and maybe Ray Allen? Spot minutes for Jones. This leaves 5-6 open spots, with the greatest needs at the wing positions and probably a rim protector center/PF. Kyle Lowry would fit in with this team perfectly, but he's likely too expensive and coaches across the league seem to hate him.

I hope the Lakers don't spend any money on Melo

I'd like him with the Bulls. Melo. Butler Noah D-Rose Gibson would be an awsome starting line-up.

I just really can't see it. Melo is a selfish player (and Rose is a great scorer but frankly a pretty crap point guard -- I have no idea why Thibs didn't pair Rose and Kirk more often). And Melo isn't interested in playing D. I think the whole team falls apart if Carmelo joins. While it is certainly a long shot, LeBron James would complement the Bulls in a way that Melo never would or could.

Edited by ejp626

I don't think Melo is selfish. He is a high volume shooter for sure.

I agree that that d-Rose in that line-up would have to change a bit more to point guard and is a bit an open question.. But I believe it could work. what is more important Thibs reportedly

thinks it could..

Edited by uli

I'm not a Knick fan, but I watched him enough to know that he's strictly a one dimensional player.

Yes, but it that's the dimension that your team (e.g. the Bulls) desperately needs, and you've got a defensive genius as coach and three or four tough defenders on the floor (three if you're not counting D. Rose, and you shouldn't)? It's all academic because we're not going to get Melo, but still I think we'd be better with him, through maybe not good enough.

I'm not a Knick fan, but I watched him enough to know that he's strictly a one dimensional player.

Yes, but it that's the dimension that your team (e.g. the Bulls) desperately needs, and you've got a defensive genius as coach and three or four tough defenders on the floor (three if you're not counting D. Rose, and you shouldn't)? It's all academic because we're not going to get Melo, but still I think we'd be better with him, through maybe not good enough.

Just tell the other guys on your team not to expect to see the ball once it's in Melo's hands. And tell them that they'll be playing 4 guys on defense against 5 for the offensive team. :D