2013 -14 NHL and assorted hockey stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though relatively few saw it, the last game to wrap-up in the NHL tonight with the Penguins visited San Jose one of the most entertaining games of the year as the Sharks prevail 5-3 after being down 2-0 early.

Sidney Crosby goes -5 for the first and only time in his career.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Rich Peverley collapsed while on the Dallas Stars' bench tonight. The game against the Columbus Blue Jackets was postponed as a result. Must be pretty serious.

It was a cardiac event. He missed time earlier this season for an irregular heartbeat. It looks like he was conscious the whole time and the treatment was successful after he was rushed to the hospital.

Rich Peverley collapsed while on the Dallas Stars' bench tonight. The game against the Columbus Blue Jackets was postponed as a result. Must be pretty serious.

The NHL released the following statement: "Dallas player Rich Peverley is doing well and is in stable condition. He has been transported to the hospital. As a result of the emotional state of the players on both teams caused by the medical emergency, the game is being postponed.

Anaheim [1 game in hand] had a 13 point lead in the standings mid-January now tied with San Jose in the Pacific.

L.A. lost tonight after 8 wins in a row improved since the trade deadline.

Best record in NHL St.Louis got better with the addition of goalie Ryan Miller.

Home stretch last 15 games should really exciting, before the chase for the cup!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best sports tourney on the planet is underway!

Numerous overtime games the first night...

Anaheim predictably up 2-0 as well as the only Canadian entry Montreal.

2nd night Detroit gets the only tally in what has to be considered an upset, though the flu bug disrupted the Bruins locker room.

Colorado ties it's game with 12 seconds in regulation, then wins in OT.

That just scratches the surface!

Believe it or not, a team of Raleigh teenagers has won a national hockey championship!

The team is called the East Coast Eagles, and the tournament was the USA Hockey Youth Tier-II U-16 2A national ice hockey championship.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/15/3785661/gavin-walker-helps-wake-forest.html

Nobody could have expected a Sharks sweep of the Kings, but they [sJ] put up a decent game against a desperate and veteran team. Too many trips to the penalty box.... Sharks have the only road win out of all the Western Conference games thus far. It would behoove them to wrap tomorrow and not stretch this thing out.

Bruins game at Detroit was terrific....have long admired Iginla who got the winner in OT.

Brutal brain_fart from Penguins goalie Fleurry the end of last game casually wandering out of the net allowing essentially an empty net goal with 12 seconds remaining in regulation, and the soft goal allowed in OT.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Hockey stinks.

I'll be back into it tomorrow, but tonight calls for serious drink and rabid railings against the Sharks who choked one away again.

To get off to the lead they built and lose this miserably outscored 16-5 and 0-15 on the power play in the last 4 games is the equivalent of folding like a $2 shotgun. None of the Sharks so-called top players contributed on the losses while all or most of the L.A. for_real top players contributed throughout and took over as the Sharks were collapsing.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

I'm not one to normally suggest this, and I think sports teams turn to it way too often, but I think McClelland has had his shot. The "folding" rap isn't just a lazy sportswriter's dream at this point. Time to find someone else to lead the team on the bench.

None of the Sharks so-called top players contributed on the losses while all or most of the L.A. for_real top players contributed throughout and took over as the Sharks were collapsing.

Heck, other than Marleau, they didn't do that much in the wins until it was all over...

Edited by Jazzmoose

Hockey stinks.

I'll be back into it tomorrow, but tonight calls for serious drink and rabid railings against the Sharks who choked one away again.

To get off to the lead they built and lose this miserably outscored 16-5 and 0-15 on the power play in the last 4 games is the equivalent of folding like a $2 shotgun. None of the Sharks so-called top players contributed on the losses while all or most of the L.A. for_real top players contributed throughout and took over as the Sharks were collapsing.

My condolences to Sharks fans, but was this choke really a surprise? Honestly, once LA got the series back to 3-2 I assumed they'd take the next 2. And there's obviously a history of playoff underachieving on the SJ side (if I wanted to be really obnoxious I'd dig up a YouTube clip of the infamous "Marleau bunny-hopping the slapshot" incident...).

Edited by T.D.

Hockey stinks.

My condolences to Sharks fans, but was this choke really a surprise? Honestly, once LA got the series back to 3-2 I assumed they'd take the next 2. And there's obviously a history of playoff underachieving on the SJ side (if I wanted to be really obnoxious I'd dig up a YouTube clip of the infamous "Marleau bunny-hopping the slapshot" incident...).

TD....I guess only you and Nostradamus knew ahead of time :crazy: