Advance Sale for Mulatto Radio: Field Recordings 1-4

AllenLowe

all set to begin the sales process - here's the promo sheet and info; please note the the first 50 to purchase the 4 CD set will get a bonus CDR of some rare performances with Julius Hemphill, a cut from out next project with Gary Bartz, some newly found Percy France and some private Joe Albany recordings that Joe gave me years ago. Best to email me at allenlowe5@gmail.com, though of course you can message me through here -

here's the release:

NOW AVAILABLE FOR ADVANCE PURCHASE:

Due February of 2014, Allen Lowe’s new CD project:

Mulatto Radio: Field Recordings 1-4 (or: A Jew at Large in the Minstrel Diaspora)

with:

Kalaparusha (in his last recording), Allen Lowe, Ras Moshe, Noah Preminger, JD Allen, Lewis Porter, Matthew Shipp, Ursula Oppens, Ken Peplowski, Jon-Erik Kellso, Randy Sandke, Ray Suhy, Kevin Ray, Gerhard Graml, Christopher Meeder, Lou Grassi, Rob Wallace, Dean Bowman, and special guest Rick Moody.

Titled especially so no one can remember just exactly what it is called or what it’s about, Mulatto Radio is Allen Lowe’s new 4 cd set of original re-compositions of American song forms and contains:

blues

free jazz

standard song form,

post-minstrel pop forms,

19th century dance song,

stride piano,

bebop,

voodon ritual music

ragtime

James Reese Europe

Tristano-ism

movie music

abolitionist delusion,

more blues

gospel music of the Old Regular Baptists

circus song

medicine show music

black minstrel pop forms

musical double consciousness

and

New Orleans pianism, in a single package

If you’ve read this far, we are offering this 4 CD as an advance purchase for $20 in the USA plus $1 shipping (email us for Euro shipping, at imericanmusic@gmail.com); we take paypal: alowe5@maine.rr.com BE ONE OF THE FIRST 50 TO ORDER AND RECEIVE A FREE BONUS CDR WITH RARE AND SEMI-RELEASED RECORDINGS, INCLDING ONE FROM THE OLD KNITTING FACTORY WITH JULIUS HEMPHILL, AND A CUT FROM OUR NEW ROBERT JOHNSON SOUNDTRACK WITH GARY BARTZ AS WELL AS SOME NEVER-BEFORE TRACKS GIVEN ME BY JOE ALBANY AND SOME NEWLY DISCOVERED PERCY FRANCE CUTS.

Edited by AllenLowe

Allen, just PayPal-ed the amount you e-mailed - please make sure to sue the packstation adress. This will be too large for the mailbox at the door, and some packages obviously have disappeared earlier this year that stuck out the opening ...

Thanks a lot, very much looking forward to listening.