Concert @University of New Hampshire

Michael Weiss

• 2 weeks later...

As of today, the roads are horrible. Unfortunately, the forecasters are predicting another 3-6 inches by Saturday morning *and* they're predicting another storm for Monday morning. It's not looking good for me heading up there for Monday night as of right now.

Same here and I really wanted to attend this gig. The forecast here calls for something like 8 inches Friday on top of the 2 feet we already have. Then there is the chance of a major storm come Monday. Doesn't sound good.

On the bright side, you do have a captive audience of college students up there. They are stuck up there on campus so maybe you'll get more of these students looking for something to do. :)

BTW, the last show I saw up there, Scott Robinson, was great but he did get heckled a bit by someone in the audience because he played pretty far out on a few songs. I think the guy yelled something like, "Play some real Jazz" (and no, it wasn't me!).

BTW, the last show I saw up there, Scott Robinson, was great but he did get heckled a bit by someone in the audience because he played pretty far out on a few songs. I think the guy yelled something like, "Play some real Jazz" (and no, it wasn't me!).

That won't be an issue, but thanks for the warning.

That won't be an issue, but thanks for the warning.

Scott handled it great. He stopped playing and addressed the guy directly, basically telling him that the university specifically asked if he could do something different. He followed that comment up by pulling out a theremin and soloing on it for about 10 minutes. My daughters were like, "Whaaaaaattttt???" :)

BTW, I was able to buy 2 of Scott's old LPs at that show. He only brought one copy of each and when I saw them in the lobby, these two young girls had them in their hands saying, "Are these calenders?" Ha ha ha.

UNH has just cancelled our concert due to weather. I would have thought a foot of snow is no big deal up there.

The problem is that you have 2 feet at least on the ground already. People don't know where they're going to put all this shit. A winter storm warning is up for the entire day on Monday.

On top of that, the snow isn't supposed to stop until late tonight so anyone trying to get up there tonight would have to drive through a heavy snow storm. Also, I don't know if you've ever been up there before, it's really in the middle of nowhere so it's not like it's an exit off of a highway. It's those backstreets that have the most accidents.