Sam Rivers on Rivbea

ornette

Check it ALL out: http://www.junodownload.com/labels/Rivbea+Music/releases/

I was thinking everything was probably legit until I saw Fuchsia Swing Song, and a few others, and maybe that is as well, deal struck, perhaps.

Lots of stuff here, and Juno's a known quantity in the house/DJ world. Assuming that all is legit, this is a good platform with good exposure for this.

These are also available on emusic in the UK, and there seems to be a steady flow of reissues, including Paragon and Streams from earlier decades as well as more recent FMP releases.  There is a similar reissue programme on emusic from the "Chet Baker Estate", including material from a range of labels, and like the Rivers the presentation doesn't have the "feel" of a pirate label...

M

• 1 year later...

Rivbea are also making material available on spotify, including the tuba trio and the former mosaic set. 

Have to say, the Rivers estate is doing a good job of keeping the legacy available across the platforms that count. Others should take note. 

Edited by David Ayers

These are all available as downloads at Amazon (U.S.). Great to see all three volumes of the Tuba Trio Circle albums. These and three other albums are recommendable:

• Paragon
• The Quest
• Sizzle

I always wanted Mosaic to do a Rivers trio set, but this is good. Anyone have Samthology? Looks like a comp of sorts. And I'm guessing it's been licensed from Rivers' daughter:

51m9AJYog7L._SS500.jpg

I've heard stories about the estate being tough to work with, if not impossible. I'd like to hear more Rivers archival material but the prospects seem unlikely. Issuing a 1960s recording where he appeared as a sideman proved quite daunting for both a label and bandleader and unfortunately had to be dropped. It's too bad.

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, RickLopez said:

And so it begins . . . 

Post at the top of my page here:

https://www.facebook.com/rick.lopez.98837

Not seeing anything on mobile, or is this something I need to have a Facebook login to see?

(I think my wife has a Facebook account, iirc, that she hasn't really ever used.)

• 7 months later...