WTB - Jazz: A Film By Ken Burns (10 DVD set)

I know that there are a lot of these 10 DVD box sets available out there both new and used but I thought I would take a (long)shot here in hopes of finding a bargain. Perhaps you have one and have had your fill or you are not as appreciative as you could be of Burns' vision and scope presented in this documentary and it's just going to collect dust on your shelf. I'd be looking for something in very good to like new condition - no playback issues of course. If you have one that you'd be willing to let go, drop me a PM and maybe we could work something out.

51H1S8WA7KL.jpg

Found a nice bargain! Thank you Ebay, I'll have to reserve final judgement for when I actually get the item. 

Great set for what it is, but I lament what it isn't.  Watching it, you get the feeling that it's a shame that apparently nothing happened in Jazz after 1944 or so.  I do like Wynton's commentary throughout.

I saw this several years ago and really enjoyed it for what it was.  Trying to cover the scope of jazz would be a monumental task and I can understand the need to limit the scope as he did and I thought he did an excellent job. I wasn't among those who lamented over what this documentary wasn't. It was probably easier for me because I don't like avant-garde  (in any form of art for that matter) and I'm not particularly fond of fusion.  I know the neglect shown for these and other more modern forms of jazz and jazz artists was the source for a lot of peoples complaints.  In the end, it fueled my desire to explore jazz further and I'm sure it did the same for many others.

When I said that I would reserve final judgement for when I got the product I was talking about the built in wariness when it comes to buying something off Ebay when the deal seems too nice to be true. Also, the seller has perfect ratings but only 15 of them and has been an Ebay seller for less than 2 years. I'm just hoping I get exactly what was advertised. 

Edited by mikelz777