Ayler Records needs our help!

niels

I just read Ayler Records statement below on Facebook, and thought it couldn't hurt to spread the information here also. Just to be clear; I have no involvement in the label whatsoever but I think it would really be a shame if this great label would disappear.

So if you have some Ayler Records albums on your wishlist, I guess now would be a good time to order. 

"[CALL FOR SUPPORT]
I'm sincerely sorry to bother you once again with that kind of things, but... Sure I could go to indiegogo, kisskissbankbank (or else) and try my luck, however I’m in a hurry to announce that the label is desperately in need of direct (website) orders.
For the first time in years, the accounting shows that we'll soon be out-of-business, whatever way we're looking at it.
And you know what, only half of you all faithful (and loved for it) followers ordering a single release (although multiple ones are welcome too wink-emoticon ) could make a huge difference and ensure that the releases we've got in preparation are not doomed before they can be brought to completion.

[STATEMENT]
In relation with the above message, I hereby solemnly declare that I (just like my beloved predecessor Jan Ström) never ever took a cent from the activity and revenue of the label (having managed to provide food and shelter to my multi-species family using other means to ‘make a living’ for us), all of it having systematically been used to fund the next release, one after the other. Just to make sure you can't think I'm funding a pool or car or bowl of cat food. I'm really talking about Marc Ducret, Joëlle Léandre, Sarah Murcia + collaborators, and many others to come I'd like to think.

Thanks for your time reading my plea.
And many thanks to the (too) few (unfortunately) of you who, without knowing, treated us with their orders these past months."

Thanks for posting. Been a while since I ordered from them but have always got great service and music when I have. Just ordered the Lyons box (finally) and a few others. Let's hope they pull through

Yes, I had some of their albums on my wishlist for ages, so also ordered a few of them (Primare Cantus from Benjamin Duboc, Free Unfold Trio, Francois Carrier Trio+1 and Dennis Gonzalez Yells + Rodrigo Amado). 

*edit* And thanks for also putting the link to the website up JSngry!

Edited by niels

i didn't know this label was still going! I associate it with a bunch of 90s releases but I see they have been pushing stuff out, now from France instead of (was it?) Sweden. I don't think they have UK distribution - might be wrong, but now I look at the site I don't really recognise any of the titles after the original releases which are uniform in appearance and were around, at least for a while. Despite OliverM's remark, it seems to me there are endless labels promoting improv of one kind or another - part of the problem may be market competition.