What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

@Referentzhunter: Well, of course I did not imagine we were talking about trying to make payment without a credit card. I realize doing this wihtout a CC will cause problems.  I have my CC on file there and it is good for all amazon sites I've used. I'd never have imagined anything else (Paypal in the end is a CC payment scheme too), including bank transfers (outside the SEPA area bank fees are likely to be prohibitive - now more than ever before, I am afraid), and don't even get me started on bizarreries such als "personal checks" or "cashier's checks" long outdated anywhere in Europe, particularly for cross-border payments.

Maybe i have to think about a creditcard or buyibg giftcards... Thank you

cd 7 + 8

cd 8 pianoconcerto for left hand = very boring. nothing virtuoso at all. No fire from Martinon.... nothing.

Most boring cd of this set and i stopped listening to it. Tzigane wil get another try.

After a first listen i think this is a decent set for a nice price and i like Martinon's 'Debussy' the most. Powerful, moving and above all he doesn't lose the picture.

71vxB2zo37L._SY355_.jpg

Edited by Referentzhunter

9 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Beethoven Piano Concerto 3 Pollini Böhm VPO (DG)      1978 ....

:tupOne of the better series of beethoven pianoconcerto's in my opinion and the first pianoconcerto with Eugen Jochum as conductor is majestic from what i can remember. What do you think of Pollini playing Beethoven and this serie in general ?

Bye the way, time for another listen i would say. :lol: I have the serie complete on lp exept for the fourth. Still looking.

5 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

:tupOne of the better series of beethoven pianoconcerto's in my opinion and the first pianoconcerto with Eugen Jochum as conductor is majestic from what i can remember. What do you think of Pollini playing Beethoven and this serie in general ?

Bye the way, time for another listen i would say. :lol: I have the serie complete on lp exept for the fourth. Still looking.

I think Pollini is a genius (even with all the provisos for this being an overused word) in Beethoven concerti (and the sonatas and Diabellis, FWIW). I also find this recording, of him playing some when very young, fascinating: 

61lh0pmgzRL._SX355_.jpg

And this document is also very special: 

23 minutes ago, Alexander Hawkins said:

I think Pollini is a genius (even with all the provisos for this being an overused word) in Beethoven concerti (and the sonatas and Diabellis, FWIW). I also find this recording, of him playing some when very young, fascinating: 

I have to give them another listen, the pianoconcerto'. I am not totally familiar with Pollini and Beethoven but i read good things about them. Maybe it was more suggestive than claiming what i said.  But i enjoyed them when i listened to them (never boring), fast and dynamic. You are a Pollini fan ?

11 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

I have to give them another listen, the pianoconcerto'. I am not totally familiar with Pollini and Beethoven but i read good things about them. Maybe it was more suggestive than claiming what i said.  But i enjoyed them when i listened to them (never boring), fast and dynamic. You are a Pollini fan ?

Very much so...desert island stuff in practically everything he plays, for my tastes at least!