Just What the World Needs: New 3 CD SET/CONCERT

On October 18, 2015 we did a marathon recording session in Brooklyn, over 7 hours; we came out with a series of very good musical performances -

solo piano by Loren Schoenberg and Kelly Green;

a longer piece recorded with a small band of myself, Paul Austerlitz, Ava Mendoza, Miki Matsuki, Shayna Dulberger, and Kevin Ray;

a big band piece with Bobby Zankel, Hayes Greenfield, Paul Austerlitz, Randy Sandke, Lewis Porter, Lisa Parrott, and others;

a small group with Ken Peplowski, Ursula Oppens, Kevin Ray, and myself;

an "Americana" group doing gospel, blues, and country-based work with myself, Lisa Parrott, Ava Mendoza, Kevin Ray, Larry Feldman and Miki Matsuki;

and a wonderful sextet with myself and Kirk Knuffke on horns, Lewis Porter on piano, Kevin Ray on bass, and Jeremy Carlstedt on drums.

My hope is to get it all pressed - 3 cds worth of music - by selling in advance. I will send it in individual digipaks with basic art work and personal info - and, with advance sale, in order to get this out, I will sell it for cost -

which is: EACH 3 CD set for $15 shipped in the USA; Europe, add $12 - in order to put it out I need to sell 100 total - and if I don't I will refund your money -

my paypal is alowe5@maine.rr.com

I have not been able to properly digest the last dozen of your discs - all more than worthy but there is only so much time. All I can do is hope to live another 20 years and keep distractions at a minimum.

All this stuff is a product of a real "American Original".

Better to be overwhelmed than just whelmed.

9 hours ago, AllenLowe said:

and a wonderful sextet with myself and Kirk Knuffke on horns, Lewis Porter on piano, Kevin Ray on bass, and Jeremy Carlstedt on drums.

Who is number 6, or does one count twice? ;)

Anyway, good luck with this Allen, I'll be in in a few days.

I've really enjoyed the "Diaspora" series, have played it four times by now (a couple of discs more often than that), it's indeed a big amount of music to digest (and I'm afraid I didn't get that far with "Mulatto Field Radio" yet, need to dig that one up again as well). And it's not exactly easy music to digest, either -- but it's very much worth ones time and attention!

whoops, left out Paul Austerlitz, great clarinetist. And thanks; my wife has made me promise to lay off recording for a few years, though I do have one little session left, with Nels Cline, in March.

I guess I feel like I should compose as long as my mind is (relatively) clear; have a few more pieces in mind, really want to write more for multiple horns, since one piece on this recording is a small/big band and came out pretty well.

Edited by AllenLowe

I'm in.

One can never have too much Allen Lowe.

I can see that slogan on billboards from coast to coast, next to a photo of Allen breaking out into a very cheery grin. Perhaps a silhouette of the State of Maine, faintly in the background:

ONE CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH ALLEN LOWE

Edited by Hot Ptah

• 2 months later...